Hello Everyone

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LtMac

Reaction score
Hello everyone; I'm new to the board. I'm 47 years old, married for 27 years, and have 2 grown daughters, ages 18 and 20. I've been a deputy sheriff for over 21 years. On my 21st anniversary with the department I was granted a request for transfer and after 21 years in patrol ( half on evening shift and half on midnight shift) I'm now the commander of one of our 3 jails with daytime hours and weekends off. I started smoking a pipe in 1982 but stopped for several years. I've been smoking a pipe regularly now for about 9 years. I have a modest pipe collection with 42 pipes. Most are mid-grade pipes. My "pride and joy" pipes are a birth year (1960) Dunhill Tanshell that I purchased online and a Dunhill Shell Briar that was gifted to me. I like Burley, Virginia, Virginia-Perique, and English tobaccos. My favorite burleys are Carter Hall, Gatlin-Burley, Prince Albert, and Walnut. My favorite Virginias are Hal O' the Wynd, Blackjack, Dunhill Royal Yacht, and Mac Baren HH Mature Virginia. My favorite Va-Per is McClelland Bulk 2015. My favorite English blends are Dunhill My Mixture 965, Early Morning Pipe, London Blend, and Nightcap. I also like Presbyterian Mixture. I smoke more burleys than anything else, though. I have a small collection of pipe tampers, 8 of which were hand-made by my Dad. I also collect Zippo pipe lighters. I have 8 of them, several have different sheriff's star logos. Some of you will recognize me from Smokers Forums and Christian Pipe Smokers. I post on both of those boards regularly. I just found this board yesterday and liked the looks and decided to join. I'm looking forward to joining in the posts. My rank at work is Lieutenant and my last name is McIntosh, hence the user name LtMac.

LtMac

Welcome to the BoB Lt., I'm a beginner with the pipe, and these people here have been a huge help. That, and they are a great bunch. I met my wife almost 11 years ago in a county jail, she was the charge nurse. I havn't been back. :silent:

Bd

Never Forget!

Welcome aboard Lt. Mac!

I am the Senior Facility Manager for a large detention facility (county jail) in North Carolina.