Hello Everyone!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quintus Cicero

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I'm excited to have found what looks like a nice community of pipe smokers.

A little background on myself:

I am currently a college student living in the southeast. I used to semi-regularly smoke a pipe, but had to give it up when I moved into an apartment complex with a strict no smoking policy and a lack of other places for me to go and enjoy a pipe. Fortunately I am now married and renting a house so I have a wonderful back porch and have decided to pick pipe smoking back up!

I currently only have three pipes and limited experience with different tobacco flavors so I'm looking forward to perusing the forum for suggestions.

I'm looking forward to getting to know the community.

Welcome to B.O.B., and welcome back to the joys of pipe smoking. Happy to have you on board with us. There's a good group of guys (and gals) around these parts with a ton of knowledge and experience to share. Hope you enjoy yourself.

So what types of pipes are you working with? Briars, cobs, meerschaums, clay, etc...? Any preferences in shapes or makers? How about tobacco? What do you like to smoke? any favorite blends or blend types?

Looking forward to hearing from ya.

best,

Beagle

BriarBeagle":d7txd4vo said:
Welcome to B.O.B., and welcome back to the joys of pipe smoking.  Happy to have you on board with us.  There's a good group of guys (and gals) around these parts with a ton of knowledge and experience to share.  Hope you enjoy yourself.

So what types of pipes are you working with? Briars, cobs, meerschaums, clay, etc...?  Any preferences in shapes or makers?  How about tobacco?  What do you like to smoke? any favorite blends or blend types?

Looking forward to hearing from ya.

best,

Beagle
I only have briars as of now. Two are Nording freehand pipes and one is some inexpensive small name brand that I bought to start out with years ago. In the future I'm looking to try out some of the popular brands such as Peterson and Savinelli. I haven't tried enough shapes to have a preference yet, any suggestions would be welcome!

I used to have my favorite blends, but they were usually local and, unfortunately, I don't remember them all too well now and I have moved away from the local shop I would always buy them from. So I think I am going to start from scratch again and just try all sorts of stuff. Once again, any suggestions to start out with would be great!

I have some Cornell & Diehl: Carolina Red Flake with Perique on the way in the mail along with some Peterson Elizabethan Mixture. I got impatient of waiting though and went to the local Walgreens and picked up some Captain Black Original. I wasn't expecting much, but was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked it.

Welcome to the group. Nothing wrong with a little captain! Peterson makes some great pipes, makes up most of my collection. As far as recommendations for shapes go, I have most shapes as I often go back and forth on which I prefer.

Both tobaccos you have ordered are from gold brands. Haven't tried the Red Flake with Perique yet but have tried the Elizabethan Mixture back when it was by Dunhill (heard it's the same blend just different maker but haven't the Peterson yet).

Welcome to the group. Those are two great blends. C&D blends are hard to beat in my opinion.

Welcome, Quintus! I hope you enjoy your back porch puffing as you explore your new tobaccos

"T"