Hello from a Texan living in Germany

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jogilli

Reaction score
Good day. I've been following the blog for a few weeks and must say that there are some pretty interesting conversations going on. I'm kind of like an expat living and working in Germany. Retired U.S. Navy CTRC currently working for the Department of the Army.

My favorite pipes are a W.O. Larson my wife bought for me years ago along with some I've made myself. My favorite tobacco at the time is Magnus Number 1 and Tabac de Tradition from Tabak Falkum in Miltenberg Germany.

I sometimes spend hours in this shop viewing the pipes and accessories.

Just wanted to say hi and I'm enjoying following several of the threads.. the man rooms are nice as well as many of the pictures.

James

First, I want to thank you for your service!:cheers: :cheers: Secondly, Welcome to the BoB, my friend!

Wecome unserer Pfeife-rauchen forum mein Freund! Ich bin ein Amerikaner leben in Mexiko. Mein Deutsch muss geübt werden. :oops:

Hallo und herzlich willkommen, James! :)

Nice to meet another pipe smoker here on this board who’s living in Germany!
Just browsed the online tobacco store you posted – quite an impressive range of pipes and tobacco they’ve got there.

Hello and welcome. I really enjoyed the link to your local tobacconist, I don't think I have seen anything comparable here in the USA. The video was great fun to watch even though I could not understand what was being said.

Hope you enjoy the chatter here at BoB.

Big howdy! My son-in-law had a stop over in Germany on his way home from Iraq, (Navy man too.) he said it was real prudy over there. Of course he was most like comparing it to Iraq, Kansas and Texas. Welcome to BoB.

Welcome! Hope you continue to gain something from the Board. My favorite section is "The Tobacco Jar." It gives me a heads-up on new tobaccos I might enjoy.