Hello from Athens, Greece!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deimitori

Reaction score
Dear pipe smoking friends,

I am glad to be a new member in this great pipe smoking community.

I am 48 years old, living in Athens, Greece and I smoke pipe tobacco since October 2010.

I mostly like Balkan blends, Oriental Blends, English blends and straight Virginia and Va/Per blends. Also I never say no to a tasty Burley blend. Aromatics are not my best choice, but from time to time I smoke a bowl just to make a change.

Because of the huge economical crisis in my country, Greece, I lost my work in 2011 (I was working from 1984 to 2011) and since then I am facing the huge problem of unemployment. But still, I try my best to everyday hard survival and keep a hope! Pipe smoking is a relaxing time through the difficulties of my everyday.

I wish you all the best and all of you to be well and safe always! Keep your pipes full with tasty pipe tobacco and enjoy the small pleasures of life!

Hello Deimitori and Welcome to the BoB

:cheers:

Deimitori, welcome to BoB. Hope your employment situation changes for the better soon.

You also have a fellow countryman here. His name is Sid.Stravos and I think he's from Athens as well. He's a very accomplished pipe refurbisher.

Cheers,

RR

Thank you all very much for the kind welcome!

Yes, Sid.Stavros is a good friend of mine and I am happy he is also here!

I am a new member also, and wanted to send you well wishes.  I empathize with your financial struggle and respect your perseverance.

Welcome to the forum,
Matt

Welcome to the board friend. I too hope your luck changes for the better. You guys have had it hard over there.

Thank you all very much for your warm welcome! We, Greeks, we know how to fight hard to get free from all difficulties. I just hope it will not take us very much time to get free form this economical crisis. By the way, I smoked for the first time Carter Hall, a good friend gave me some quantity for three - four bowls. It is a tasty burley, nice blend especially on a corn cob. Have a good day dear friends!

Welcome, and I hope your fortunes turn. I enjoy the "codger blends" also. They're like old friends -- so easy to get along with.

Welcome! Sorry to hear about your woes. I have a friend an acquaintance in Greece and see on his Facebook a bit of the trouble in your country. I hope your future improves -for you and your country.