Hello from Austin Texas

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nooner

Reaction score
Hello! I've been around cigars, pipes and tobacco for quite a while - haven't really done much online in years, but I maintain a pretty decent cellar of tobaccos and a fair rotation of pipes. I'm not a huge post-er anymore, but I'd love to catch up with some old friends and possibly make a few new.

Cheers!

Except for me, this is a very nice group. Welcome!

Here is a High Desert Howdy from the Far West. I've got to ask: Where is Travis County? Kinda between the Southeast and the Southwest? Is it considered "Central" like the time zone?

to answer a few questions - I like just about any tobacco, but have a real soft sport for Virginias, particularly the McCranie's Red blends, I bought enough tobacco in the early 2000's to last several lifetimes, so I haven't really followed many of the recent blends.

Here is a High Desert Howdy from the Far West. I've got to ask: Where is Travis County? Kinda between the Southeast and the Southwest? Is it considered "Central" like the time zone?
As far as Texas is concerned, I don't know that Austin/Travis County are really considered 'south' at all - Austin is most commonly included in 'Central Texas,' but I would say it is probably most accurate to say that Austin is towards the south end of central Texas right on the edge of the hill country.

Now, if you are talking about a geographic location in the United States - I think south-central is probably the best description, and while that is nominally between the 'southeast' and the 'southwest I doubt you'd find many native texans who would be satisfied as being defined as between the two!

I personally am originally from Western New York, so I don't really have a horse in any of those races!

Welcome Nooner! Glad you stockpiled those McCrainie’s blends. I was a fan of those myself, and with the end of McClelland a lot of favorites are no longer available.

See ya around whenever you post!