Hello from Chicagoland

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ak2000

Reaction score
Hello everybody, my name is Andy, long time cigar smoker and picked up piping earlier this year. I tend towards darker natural tobaccos and Burley blends and not to sound repetitive, but I prefer my tobacco to taste like tobacco. Heard about this forum from friends on another who said this was a good place so thought I would check it out.

Welcome to the BoB Andy!! Hope your here for quite a while :cheers:
I too am a Burley lover and my top '4 recommendations:

1: John Patton's Storm Front, also has cigar leaf!!

2: Solani ABF

3: Uhle's Blend 00

4: C&D Burley Flake #3

Also have a few other favorite Burley blends like well aged ( over 10 years ) the Old Codger Carter Hall

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Glad you made it.
Welcome to BoB!    
icon_cheers.png

Hi Andy! welcome to the BoB. I hope you enjoy your time here. If you like strong unflavored tobacco that doesn't necessarily taste anything like cigars (since LC made some recommendations there), you might want to look into some of the Gawith Hoggarth & Samuel Gawith rope blends.

"T"

(Hermit must be a northsider... or he would have said Sox.)

Welcome aboard!

Welcome Andy, Hopefully you will be pleased with us and I look forward to reading your posts. Glad to have you on board. :)

AJ

Welcome Andy. Feel free to chip in on the forum,plenty of friendly and knowledgeable folk on here.

Welcome from the outskirts of northern Michigan. The pipes shops are almost non-existent but population is more agreeable to this member. Enjoy your stay here and you can learn much here. I made one visit to Iwan Riess, WOW!

Stinger4me":j60wjq29 said:
Welcome from the outskirts of northern Michigan.  The pipes shops are almost non-existent but population is more agreeable to this member.  Enjoy your stay here and you can learn much here.  I made one visit to Iwan Riess, WOW!
They have literally thousands of pipes in stock, it's pretty amazing! If anyone is looking for a Castello, they are overstocked and would likely make a great deal for you.

glassjapan":690llhu8 said:
Good to see you Andy....hope you've been well.
Hey Gary, fancy seeing you here! I'm great thanks, hope you are as well. May have to crack open an old Jackknife tin soon!

Thanks again for the welcomes fellas.

Quick question: how do I setup an avatar? I see that a lot of you have one, but I don't see where to set it up in my profile.