Hello from Eastern Tennessee

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tennessee Dave

Reaction score
Just wanted to say hello. Just got into pipes in the last 6 weeks or so. Man what an exciting journey it has been! Only have 2 Briars and a Meerschaum right now so I am working on building a decent rotation. I have managed to accumulate and experience a number of tobaccos in this short time. Some that I have are Astley 109, GLP Westminister, Barbary Coast and Maltese Falcon, C&D Elegant Emu, Sunday Picnic, Opening Night, Autumn Evening, Snug Harbor, and Apricots and cream. I also have Esoterica Penzance and So to Bed and lastly GH Gawith Bob's Choclate flake. I don't like any of the aromatics so far but love the Westminister and the Barbary Coast. Haven't tried the Maltese Falcon yet but will this weekend. Want to find a great Balkan and looking forward to GLP Abingdon and Odyssey. Looking to learn a lot and just having some good fellowship. Thanks for having me.

Dave

Welcome to the boards Dave. This hobby seems to bite hard and a quick decent into tobacco madness ensues, where it seems that you have to buy every tobacco out there :lol: . I've been enjoying pipes for about two years and I still feel like buying tobacco everyday and would if I could afford it :twisted: .

Hi Dave, welcome from middle TN. Ask lots of questions and you will get lots of good answers.....well, you'll get lots of answers anyway. :D

showme

Been to/thru Dayton a bunch, can't remember if I picked up/delivered or just passed thru but I remember being there a lot.

Memory Loss is a biotch. :)

Welcome aboard the board.

Well, it sure sounds that you're off to a fine start Dave....

Best,
Dock
:pipe:

A warm welcome Dave. Those are wonderful tobaccos you have mentioned.

:D Paul

Welcome Dave,
It sounds like you're off to a good start! What're your first briars? Have to agree with you on Barbary Coast, it's a great break in tobacco. C&D tobacco blends are better with a little age on them. Tell us what you think of Oddessy, I'm curious to try it!

Happy puffin'
Meer
:flower: :sunny:

Meerobriar the only briar I have right now is a Wiley Galeon 55 in a bent Dublin. I love this pipe. I like the substantial feel to it. I have to get some more briars to build up a rotation. As soon as I can determine who best to buy some estate pipes from I want to do that. Eventually I want a couple of great pipes from Davis, Tinsky and a couple of others but right now my money is probably best spent trying to get a decent rotation.

You have your eye on some great carvers there, and dublins are cool
icon_cool.gif
Estates are a great way to get the most bang for your buck. Over half of my collection are estate pipes, and I really enjoyed not having to break them in
icon_lol.gif
Have you looked in the Trading Post section of this forum? It's a place to start and I'm sure that many people here can direct you to sellers they've had good dealings with.

This website was posted in another group, and though I haven't tried any of his pipes, he's done some nice looking designs, and with his prices, I'm more likely to try one out!

www.pricepipes.com

Happy puffin'
Meer
:flower: