Hello from Erie, PA

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Oakley

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Some of you, I see, I recognize from other forums. Yes, I found my way here from a post on Smokers Forums.

I have been enjoying briar pipes off and on since 1974. My first pipe was a LaStrada half bent sitter.

About 4 years ago, I began a serious "relationship" with the briar. I began collecting many different pipes from different pipe makers and different countries. Now I have about 80 pipes. I also have a small collection of Marxman pipes - both benchmade and sculpted. Going hand in glove with the pipe collection, I have began ofcourse collecting tobacco.

Now I have begun making pipes. I am currently buying kits - briar with predrilled tobacco and draft holes and a fitted stem. I also took a "class" from Tim West. This new hobby has really taken a hold of me. Hopefully, in the near future, I will try selling some of my work.

Anyway, that about covers my quick intro. See you all on the boards.

Welcome aboard, Bob. pull up a chair and stay awhile i believe you will enjoy your time here.Hope to see your posts.

Alan.

A very warm welcome Bob. Can't wait to see some of your work!

Hey Bob, welcome. It sounds like you gone much further in your four years of pipesmoking that I have! I'll be paying close attention to your posts so I can catch up.

Glad to have you here,
showme

Hi Bob! Good to see that you've found your way here! Post often. I've always enjoyed your posts!