Hello from Germany!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PipeSimmo

Reaction score
Hi guys, my name is Simon and I'm from Germany, so first off - please excuse my terrible English. I'll try my best.

Seems like I'm also part of that mass migration from that other place - and am very happy to be here now.
Fairly new pipesmoker, only 1 1/2 year - but I'm soo hooked, currently my pipe collection contains about 50 pipes of all kinds and brands, and building up the cellar is also big fun!  

Aside from the fabulous Motzek Strang, it's a rope tobacco from a German tobacconist (I LOVE THIS STUFF - that's why I'm also known as Dr. Strang Love  :D ) I'm a Virginia and VaPer guy, but also do love Burleys from time to time (HU Tobacco blends) and have just begun to like milder Lat blends, just like the Frog Mortons.
Looking forward to make new friends here.

Puff on!

Güten Tag!! Willkommen zu den BoB. You will like it here. There are a lot of great people and master pipe makers here that can teach you all sorts of things. I, myself, am a Latakia man. I just love the stuff. I favor Sutliff’s Private Stock “Blend #5" and Cornell and Diehl’s "da Vinci" tobaccos at the moment.

Chris

Hello Simon, very nice to meet you and welcome to BoB.  :cheers: :sunny: 

jogilli":2h4iipzj said:
apparently the first post didn't take..

welcome to the Bob from Stuttgart.... make some time for Lohmar Pfeifenmesse if you can.. its a good time

james
I will! Already a red-letter day in my calendar. Looking forward to meeting you there!

Welcome aboard Simon from a fellow newbie! Sounds like you've quite a collection already!

pipesimmo":o5t9mp8s said:
please excuse my terrible English. I'll try my best.  
Your 'terrible' English isn't terrible at all ... my German, on the other hand is the equivalent of what that phony sign language guy did when 'translating' Obama's remarks at Mandella's funereal ... that is to say, completely bogus ...

Which means I'm totallly unable to say Welcome to BoB in your language and am therefor forcing you to read it in mine ...

ps ... I'd love to know where I could get some of that Strang ... I'm a lover of Virginia/Perique blends and I've seen comments from folks whose enthusiasm for Strang was a lot like your own ... if it's that good, it's something I really have to find a way to try.

Welcome, Simon. I have to echo Steve before me, your English is far better than my German. Welcome to the BoB.

Willkommen!

Es tut mir Leid. Mein Deutsch is sehr schlecht auch.

I wonder if that made sense? Five years of German in college really starts to leak out your ears if you don't use it.

Welcome to BOB!