Hello from Germany

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seldom Seen

Reaction score
Hello all. I am an American who has come to live in Germany by way of Africa (where I met my German wife). Although I smoked a cob sometimes as a child while wading streams and fishing I have recently taken up occasional pipe smoking as a man in is 40s.
At this point I am interested in learning about some estate pipes I've acquired here in Europe. I like to know the history of the pipes I use as I find this enhances my smoking experience.
Most of my pipe smoking is done alone while walking the dogs, bird watching, or taking leisurely saunters through wood and meadow. Although my wife indicates that she wouldn't mind if I smoke inside I have decided to keep the indulgence exclusively outdoors.
At any rate I look forward to learning.

Welcome to the forum.  I hope you enjoy the pipe, never have been to Europe but I do enjoy smoking a pipe outdoors, not so much walking but being outdoors.  There are other forums and all have something to offer. I like the name.

Stinger

Welcome to BoB! I hope you enjoy your self and the community here

"T"

Thank you for the welcome fellas.

I've sort of fallen out of fishing. Almost 2 decades ago I did a stint commercial fishing in the Bering Sea which may have ruined fishing for fun for me. That said, as my sons get older I expect to take it up again. I used to enjoy fly fishing. My crowning achievement was catching a 36.5 inch freshwater Rainbow Trout on a mouse imitation fly.

Thank you Ozark Wizard. I've been to the AR side of the Ozarks but the MO side is something I'll look forward to.

Welcome Seldom!

Which part of Germany are you in? Had a few trips to Berlin ... beautiful city!

Welcome aboard Seldom Seen, hope you enjoy your time here and fire away with your questions. If anyone here knows anything about them, you'll get a square and solid answer.

Cheers

Tim

Welcome to BoB, from the Missouri side of the Ozarks! Plenty to fish for here. We have Bass, Crappie, Walleye, Catfish.  If you can, post some pics of those estate pipes, and I'm sure someone here will help you identify them.   Happy Puffing!

Thank you for the welcomes!
I find myself in the Northwest of Germany where my wife is originally from. Belgium and the Netherlands and just a hope skip and jump away.
Some recent estate purchases have been posted to the Ye Olde Pipe Rack section of the forum.
Thank you again for the welcome.