Hello from Glasgow (Scotland)

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I was googling pipe smoking enthusiasts in Glasgow, thinking perhaps there where some kind of club, to sit and discuss Tolkien's works while puffing on a pipe. Perhaps uncommon I'm a woman, I've never smoked a pipe in my life. However, as uncommon as it maybe I remember fondly my grandmother, yes grandmother 😄 was an avid pipe smoker, it is the earliest and fondest memories I have of her. It is rare for me to ever be around pipe smoke, but when it does happen, the smell reminds me of her. I like to say she was the female version of JRR Tolkien, she was a great story teller and a great lover of books, while she puffed on her pipe. As I grew older I can understand the joy in it, I even want to try it. Id like to morph into her haha I'm a big fan of Malcolm Guite on YouTube and his love of pipe smoking. However in at my early days, I know nothing, the do's and don'ts. Perhaps it would be silly. Perhaps I just want to hold a pipe, to smell the smoke, to remind me of that amazing old lady that was my grandmother.
Just discovered Malcolm Guite via this forum and I'm enjoying his YT channel and I look forward to reading some of his poetry and other books!