Hello from Hixson, TN

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimchatt725

Reaction score
Just wanted to say Hello to my fellow Brothers of the Briar.  George Dibos told me about you all and that there was a fellow piper here in Hixson so I thought I better get on and introduce myself.  I have been a pipe smoker since college - a long time ago.1963 and I have enjoyed the world of  pipe smoking, collecting pipes and trying all kinds of tobacco down through the years.  In the last 20 years, I have really learned so much more and now have become friends with quite a number of pipe makers.  Going to the Chicago Tobacco and Pipe Show back in 2009 has brought all kinds of excitement and knowledge into my collecting life.  I have become a novice pipe maker - mostly for my ownself and found myself a great mentor.  All in all I am enjoying pipe smoking and collecting more than ever.

I am delighted to have found another source for information and sharing of this wonderful hobby.

George is a pipe repair man extrordinare from Kansas City, MO. I had sent him two pipes to be repaired after he was recommended to me and I met him in Chicago.

I was teasing, you'll get used to it. I've known George for over a decade..he's alright, I guess. Lol

Hello Jim and welcome to the BoB. With your knowledge and experience I'm sure you'll soon feel right at home here. I'm looking forward to reading your posts and input.  :)

AJ

Welcome Jim! Looking forward to your take on all things pipe and tobacco!

Welcome Joe to this marvelous pipe forum! I'm also new here and have met some good people. There is another member that posts here often also from Hixson, hope you bump into him on here. Enjoy your time in this forum... :cheers: :cheers:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!