Hello From Long Island, NY

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Briar Brother

Reaction score
I have been away from pipe smoking since 2011. I was sad to hear that McClellans pipe tobacco company has closed their doors three years ago ;( All of the Frog Morton blends were my absolute favorites when I smoked back in the day. They were quite flavorful with a low nicotine content. I will be on the hunt to find a replacement or low Nic alternative for my Frog Morton’s blend! Being a new pipe smoker, I am very grateful to be a part of this pipe smoking community and will enjoy learning from my fellow Briar Brothers who can assist me on my pipe smoking journey!

Welcome from SW Kansas! You're not alone with the McClelland blend sorrow.

Thank You. It’s been awhile since I have had any Nicotine in my system. I used to smoke cigars for 10+ years and dabbled with pipes for a couple of years. Since then (8 years) I have had very few intoxicants in my system besides caffeine from green and oolong teas. My nervous system has always been quite sensitized to various substances and takes me quite awhile to build an appreciable tolerance or comfort level. The pipe smoking community has always been a brotherhood of people who are warmly welcoming to those who have strayed off the beaten path and I am humbled to be among such like minded individuals.

Welcome!

Nothing is quite like the "Frogs". But if I was to recommend a nice mild latakia blend. C&D Bailey's Front Porch, Good Morning, & Morning Drive. Or GL Pease Chelsea Morning, or Piccadilly.

Welcome aboard! You might want to try Peterson's Old Dublin. Nothing will be equivalent to McClelland's Frog Morton line but Old Dublin is fairly mild in nicotine, has some Black Cavendish and very nice Basma grade will makes it enjoyable.

Welcome. I feel your pain. Fortunately I still have 3 unopened tins of the Frog in my stash. Parsing it out verrry slowly, lol.