Hello from Minneapolis

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

esoxhunter

Reaction score
Just wanted to introduce myself to the board. I've been a pipsmoker, aficionado and collector for the past 15 years, after finally giving up the cigs. I'm proud to say that I very recently convinced my wonderful wife that there was indeed merit to pipe smoking in the house, in light of my recent commitment to the treadmill and her veggie snack trays in lieu of the chips and such during the Sunday football games. I'm an English literature major and law grad from the University of Minnesota, and am a partner in a Minneapolis commercial litigation firm. In my free time I list pipes on eBay for a true pipe expert and friend who owns a pipe shop in the midwest. I've been watching the posts on this site with great interest for some time and finally decided that I should post my profile. This seems like a wonderful place to commiserate with The Brotherhood. Thanks for letting me be part of your community.

Welcome!

OT: Can we please get a new stadium for the Vikings to play in??? Sorry, couldn't resist. I've been an avid Vikings fan since 1968 and this whole stadium mess has got me worried that they'll pack their gear and head elsewhere. I'm from NYC but cannot think of that team playing in any other state.

Otherwise, glad you found the Brotherhood, it's a great group,. Post often!

Lou

daveinlax":q7xqjr80 said:
Hi and welcome from downriver in LaCrosse, WI. Go Vikings! I assume your familar with the GNPC? :shock:
http://www.greatnorthernpipeclub.org/index.htm
I sure am--just attended my first meeting a couple months ago, and plan to make more of them going forward. Great group of guys. I've been in this hobby for so long, on and off, that I'm ashamed not to have gotten involved with the community earlier!

As for the Vikes, it's time for a Ponder Packer-Stomping a week from Monday Night at Lambeau! I'm actually going to the game with my brother, and it will be my first time at Lambeau.

Thanks for the nice Welcome.

skaukatt":wnc2f2i0 said:
Welcome!

OT: Can we please get a new stadium for the Vikings to play in??? Sorry, couldn't resist. I've been an avid Vikings fan since 1968 and this whole stadium mess has got me worried that they'll pack their gear and head elsewhere. I'm from NYC but cannot think of that team playing in any other state.

Otherwise, glad you found the Brotherhood, it's a great group,. Post often!

Lou
Amen to that! The politicians can't seem to get it sorted out, but in their defense there is, unfortunately, a lot of public setiment against it in this economic climate. Hopefully people can be convinced that the economic (and for us fans, emotional) consequences of losing the Vikes would be equally bad. And you're right--it would be unthinkable for the "Vikings" to play in LA.

I think they'll ultimately find a way to get it done. We've already lost pro basketball and hockey franchises in the past, and we sports fans are hopeful that Minnesotans won't want to suffer yet another lost team.

By the way, thanks for the welcome!

Welcome to the forums! I hope you enjoy your time reading & posting here

"T"

DrT999":a7t4dkxf said:
Welcome to the forums! I hope you enjoy your time reading & posting here

"T"
Thanks for the kind welcome--really looking forward to being on the site!

Boulder":2576mkuu said:

Hello and Welcome to the Brotherhood.
Thanks for the great Welcome and comments on the estate pipes post, Boulder.

I think you and I may have some lively and interesting debate on the broader philosophical issues. I am in full agreement regaring the absolute need to guard against tyrany. But you and I may or may not disagree as to what forms that tyrany takes!

Look forward to your thoughts.

--Mike

welcome to the forum, you are going to LOVE it here...so many great people so share the love of the pipe with.
Look forward to your post.

Welcome Aboard! You'll love it here. Your frequent participation is encouraged and most appreciated.