Hello from Mobile Alabama

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niblick

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Greetings fellow brothers.  

Been smoking a pipe for about 3 years now and trying out as many different tobaccos and blends that I can.  Started out with the usual aromatics and moved on to Virginia, Virginia/perique, English and Balkan blends.  I also quickly realized how expensive new pipes cost and started refurbishing the ones that I find in vintage/resale shops and flea markets.

Stay safe all

Welcome to the group! Would like to see some of your refurbishes. I got a couple of estates of ebay to try to refurbished but never got around to it, it would be a great way to save since money

Thanks for the warm welcomes and will give the picture posts a try this evening D.L. Going to a flea market/ vintage shops out towards Ft. Walton Beach. Hopefully..... I can snag something interesting!!

Welcome, and hope you find that Dunhill while out picking. They are out there, just gotta keep looking!

Welcome from the high plains. At least half of my pipes are estate refurbs. And that does include a ‘49 Dunhill Shell LB F/T that I picked up for $6.00 and had professionally restored. They are out there.
Enjoy your time here!

Welcome from Scotland.

I have family just across the bay in Fairhope, and have many happy Mobile memories. A beautiful city, and some of the kindest, most hospitable folk I've ever met.

Hello Seamaster,

Fairhope is a great city. My wife and I go to the shops at least twice a year and of course the best part is eating at some of their restaurants and sandwich shops.

I also like to fish on their pier for flounder, speckled trout and redfish. I have been hoping for one day to witness a Jubilee when the fish jump out of the water and onto land and then all you have to do is pick them up:)

They also have some of the nicest golf courses over there to play also.