Quantcast

Hello from NJ!

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

TonyS

Reaction score
Well guys, I just wrote up a HELLO! post talking about myself and my Uncle who smoked a pipe, carrying it thru the Normandy invasion up till 11 years ago when he passed, but I hit the darn backwards somehow and lost it all. I ain't typing it all again. :x :oops:

I''ll sum it up, if that's ok with you guys... My Uncle Teddy was a great guy. He lived next door to us and always had his pipe with him. I have fond memories of sitting in his backyard while he smoked, talking about anything or nothing :) or him helping me work on my car or around the house or yard. I guess that's why I want to smoke a pipe now. He seemed so calm and comfortable and whether that had anything to do with the pipe, I don't know, but maybe it did. So I just picked up my first pipe, a Savinelli Chamgpagne 606KS estate. I posted a little writeup in the Pipe Techniques forum about its cleaning adventure. Maybe I can help a fellow newbie out the way you guys helped me when I was looking for cleaning information here. Gotta go eat now. Lunch is burning. BTW, I don't have a tobacco picked yet but I'm leaning towards a local Smoker's Haven blend called "Ave's Fave" named after the owner, Ave. We shall see. See you all on the boards.

kaiser83

Reaction score
Welcome to BoB. It is very cool that you have pipe smoking memories down through your lineage. It definitely is a relaxing thing to do, allows one to sit back and just sip at the tobacco instead of puffing incessantly at a cig. Enjoy your time here.

DrT999

Reaction score
Welcome, Tony! I hope you enjoy your time here, and that it adds to the enjoyment of your pipes!

"T"

riff raff

Reaction score
Very nice, I'll look forward to your post on the pipe restoration, feel free to ask a lot of questions. I usually post all my refurb's, so just search my name.

Where are you from in NJ?

Natch

Reaction score
Welcome. Take your time, see what works for you, and enjoy.

Natch

HolyFirkins

Reaction score
What a great story. He sounded like a good man. I just signed up here as well and am from NJ too. Welcome and thanks for posting!