Hello from North Mississippi

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crguin01

Reaction score
Pipe smoker for a little over a year.
Never a dull moment, I can't believe how much there is to it. My tastes have evolved, my language for it has evolved, and my appreciation for it has evolved. I'm no expert by any means, but I am so excited to say that I can pick out the main components of the tobaccos.

Not too far up the road from Country Squire. They're a good resource if you can get down there. Good people.

I listen to the Country Squire podcasts and have done business with them. Definitely good folks. They are about 3-4 hrs from me.
I plan to stop by whenever I am down that way.

It's been several years since I visited Jackson, ms. Maybe be a good time to plan a trip or hope the Amtrak and just ride down there and back

Welcome! I get through MS several times a year. Avoiding Interstate travel. Oh, I use some, but I can I reduce stress by using lesser trafficked roads like US45 from Jackson, TN down to Waynesboro, MS. Beats going through Nashville, TN and Birmingham, AL. I make use of several parkways in Kentucky for the same reason.

Carlos, if you're driving down US45 to Jackson Tn, you're going right passed me.

My cousin and I actually made the drive down to the Country Squire a few days after the original post. It was a nasty dreary day to be driving but I had taken some birthday time for myself and it was either now or never.

I got to meet JD and a few of the other staff and patrons. I felt right at home, they make you feel welcome and they mean it.

Also, I would like to give a plug for my local brick and mortar store in Tupelo. Spring Street Cigars in the downtown area. They know each other. I have heard JD mention it in the Country Squire podcasts. They have a HUGE cigar selection and they do cater to the pipe smokers too but in a lesser extent. They are more than willing to help guide me through anything pipe related. Very nice folks there too. I don't know a lot about cigars but I would dream about their place if I did.

Welcome from Arkieland. I wish there had been a board like this when I began smoking, I did just about everything wrong for the first couple of years. Fortunately, I'm too stupid to quit. Enjoy the board and please feel free to ask anything you want, we all want to help the next generation.

Natch