Hello from rainy Yorkshire

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all, nice to be here. I'm Jonny, from the rainiest of places, Huddersfield in West Yorkshire, UK.

I'm a member of various Facebook pipe groups, but I've decided to go old school and join a couple of forums too. It's reminding me of my days in the early 00s hard music scene.

About me - I love coffee, a wee dram, reading, and of course all things tobacco pipe. I've been smoking about four years now, and mainly collect metals and meers, but I do have a few briars that I've managed to find here and there. I definitely fit into the Mutton Chop Piper's "Collector" category… though my collection isn't that large.

Baccy wise, I've not tried tons of blends, probably only about 20 or so. Currently loving Balkans and VaPers, of which Covent Garden house blend and Orlik Golden Sliced are my go to blends at the moment.

Looking forward to making your acquaintances.

Keep it smokey my brothers and sisters of the briar 💨💨💨

Eh up Jonny. I've been round your little slice of heaven on several occasions. I've an old mate up Halifax way and another in Rotherham. Especially love the Dales and Herriot country.

Cheers,

RR
Ah yes, God's Own Country... beautiful vistas, friendly folk, shame about the rainfall! I feel quite sure it must rival the Borneo rainforest at times 🌧️⛈️🌧️

My dad grew up in Halifax, but got out of dodge in the 80s before he had us kids. Mind you, it was out of the frying pan into the fire if anyone knows a little one horse town called Heckmondwike...(!) 😅

Ah yes, God's Own Country... beautiful vistas, friendly folk, shame about the rainfall! I feel quite sure it must rival the Borneo rainforest at times 🌧️⛈️🌧️

My dad grew up in Halifax, but got out of dodge in the 80s before he had us kids. Mind you, it was out of the frying pan into the fire if anyone knows a little one horse town called Heckmondwike...(!) 😅

God save us all from Hell, Hull, and Halifax. The gibbet awaits......

:eek:

Cheers,

RR

Welcome. Years ago I had a wonderful walk in the Dalby Forest, not far from you. In normal non-Covid times do they allow smoking of a pipe in places like this in Britain?

Welcome. Years ago I had a wonderful walk in the Dalby Forest, not far from you. In normal non-Covid times do they allow smoking of a pipe in places like this in Britain?
Thankyou kindly. I couldn't tell you as I've not actually been lunting in my local area, though I've been in many a wooded place where I have been able to smoke. Hmmm, one to ponder!

Welcome to the BoB!!! I know roughly where you reside in the Mother Country! I/we have family (long story for a later date!) down around London Town and (the largest group) around Chester!! Get over for visit every so often; trip this year obviously canceled!!!! Looking forward to hearing more from you! Anyone who enjoys Orlik Golden Sliced can't be all bad!!!!!! Cheers, FTRPLT