Hello from SC.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dawg, as in UGA alum? If so, what did you study, and when did you finish up? Clemson ('67) and UNC ('69) grad here. Don't hold those against me, and I'll overlook the fact that you went to UGA. :)

1969 UGA from Forestry School. I knew a lot Clemson faculty and helped in the forest lands, alums, students and even Danny Ford. At the time, Clemson was a warm up game to UGA. When I moved back near here in 1978, I was impressed the tiger paws were everywhere in the highways, streets and etc. Tiger Paws Mania!

Thanks, Zippo, or can I call you Zip? As a point of interest, I've been to the UK once (Scotland, Wales, and Ireland (N), but never to England. The trip was very enjoyable..

Hope to see more of your posts as time goes by.
Hi Carl, yep Zip will be fine, most people call me that anyway. And I'm well use to it. Glad you enjoyed your trip to the UK mate, I've been to the U.S several times, to various states. And it remains the greatest country I've ever visited.
And trust me I have been almost everywhere, whilst serving with the British Army. Hope to see you on the posts. And once again welcome to BoBs.

Hi Carl, yep Zip will be fine, most people call me that anyway. And I'm well use to it. Glad you enjoyed your trip to the UK mate, I've been to the U.S several times, to various states. And it remains the greatest country I've ever visited.
And trust me I have been almost everywhere, whilst serving with the British Army. Hope to see you on the posts. And once again welcome to BoBs.
Zip, British Army? I'm a vet, too, US Army Security Agency in Berlin (70-72). We worked closely with the RAF at Gatow. They were good guys, and our relations with them were close. I went up to Gatow to have a few beers at their club. Good times in the long ago past. Where were you stationed, and what did you do in HM Army? A slute to you, friend.

Hi Carl, I spent 3yrs in the Royal Green Jackets, before going for selection in the UKSF. Where I served as a sniper for 10yrs, before getting seriously injured myself, and had to swap legs for wheels. But that's another story and a long time ago. And it's something i rarely speak about now. But i salute you back Brother.