Hello from self-embargoed Washington State

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

Reaction score
Greetings, all. I'm new to pipe smoking, and my state government has elected - out of their infinite wisdom and benevolence - to make pipe smoking as difficult as possible without actually outlawing it. We cannot mail-order tobacco from anyone who does not have a Washington tobacco license. That leaves a three-plus hour trip either East or West to Seattle or Spokane to find anything other than Wal-Mart brand pipe tobacco (i.e. Captain Black and similar). If anyone has recommendations on where someone in the great vastness of central / eastern Washington could source good pipe blends, I'd be much obliged.

Reaction score
Pouslbo area for 8 years, and then North Bend for 20. Can't say I miss living there for a helluva lotta reasons!

Cheers,

RR
It's a beautiful state, but I now make the same observations about Washington that I have about California: It would be the perfect place to live, if it weren't for all those . . . Washingtonians.

DrT999

Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Your sig-block: pilot or JTAC?
Neither, PhD (history), with the nickname of "T" dating back to sixth grade. The '999' was added decades ago because plain 'DrT' was already taken and so I just added 9s until it worked. I've been using it on-line since the early days of the internet.

Reaction score
Neither, PhD (history), with the nickname of "T" dating back to sixth grade. The '999' was added decades ago because plain 'DrT' was already taken and so I just added 9s until it worked. I've been using it on-line since the early days of the internet.
Roger that. PhD history . . . that would have been nice. What was your area of focus? I'm always looking for well-written histories, particularly those covering periods of exploration/expansion and warfare.

DrT999

Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Roger that. PhD history . . . that would have been nice. What was your area of focus? I'm always looking for well-written histories, particularly those covering periods of exploration/expansion and warfare.
My research area is Britain between the World Wars, but I've taught just about everything at least once.

Gusto

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Howdy and Welcome! I used to get some interesting and hard to get tobaccos from Lil Brown Smoke Shack in Yakima (lilbrown.com) It may be worth calling to find out what they have in the warehouse that is not online and ask about "standing orders" to Washington residents. Now-a-days maybe just wishful thinking on my part, but brings back fond memories - so thank you for that!

gravel

Reaction score
I was about to suggest the same Gusto.

Welcome to BoB! I hope you find your time here valuable. I have a fair bit of family on both sides of the state, but have only visited one pipe shop in Spokane.