Hello from So Cal

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dochowl

Reaction score
Hi all... happy to be joining this group from the Los Angeles area. Been smoking the better part of 25 years, both cigars and pipes. While I prefer the cigar when smoking with buddies (which is rare now), I find myself smoking my pipes daily as it's honestly good for my soul. The simple act of taking time for a smoke helps to keep my thoughts clear and my stress managed. Working from home, I've been blessed with the opportunity to enjoy this hobby probably more than I should. No complaints about that.

Anyhow, I'm a big fan of the straight virginias and Va/Pers (so a huge fan of the Ken Byron offerings), and some of the orientals (McC Drama Reserve is my favorite). Not a huge latakia-forward guy, so I generally shy away from the English blends. I've had a bunch, generally speaking I've enjoyed them, but rarely feel the need to go back for more. And it's worth noting, I've got absolutely no ability to explain what I taste. Easy to say if I loved a tobacco, liked it, hated it, etc... but don't ask me why.

Happy Piping.

Welcome to our fun group!!! Lots of good conversation, not to mention pipe and tobacco knowledge!!! Don't be bashful, jump right in to the Forums!!! FTRPLT

Welcome. I'm basically the same way when it comes to trading tobacco, I know I like/ dislike but can't pick it anything specific as to why.

Glad to be here. What part of SoCal? I'm involved in a couple other forums and have met (in person) a few that are local to me. I'm in Torrance, so basically Los Angeles.
I'm down in Laguna Niguel (Orange County). I participate in both the L.A. and Orange County Pipe Clubs. Word on the street is that the LA Club will likely be resuming in-person meetups beginning next month. If you are not already involved and would like to join, all are welcome.

Welcome to BoB! McClelland Drama in the one blend of theirs I enjoyed most. I hope you enjoy your time here

"T"