Hello from Texas

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeffry Don

Reaction score
Hello everyone! Wanted to stop in and introduce myself.
My name is Jeff and I am somewhat new to pipe smoking.
I purchased a pipe several years ago with the intent to take it up. I showed my purchase to a close family member, but he mistakenly thought that I had purchased it for him as a gift. He was ecstatic about the "gift" and so I couldn't bring myself to correct him :( . I allowed him to keep the pipe which he smoked for several years. Recently he stopped smoking all together, so I took the opportunity to ask for the pipe back. I purchased a cob to go with it and have loved the process of smoking since.
Being fairly new, I am excited about trying new flavors of tobacco, so if anyone has any suggestions for me please let me know! I love different styles of Scotch, from the lightest blend to the smokiest peaty dram I can get, so I am sure I will have a large variety of styles of tobacco I like as well.
Anyway, I'm not going to ramble, I look forward to meeting new people on here and learning all I can about m new smoking hobby!

Welcome and howdy from a fellow Texan. That is a heck of a first pipe story and a really nice gesture, how fantastic it is that the pipe made it back to you.

Welcome! Great story about the "gift" pipe too. Good on ya for letting him have it. That's top notch.

Pipes and scotch...great combination.

I hope you enjoy it here.

Brian.

Welcome Jeff. Glad to have you on board. :) 
AJ

Wow,
thanks for all the warm welcomes! With all the pipes, Texans, beards, and musicians here, I think I will feel right at home!

Welcome to BoB, very cool of you to allow your family member to keep the 'gift' pipe, not so many would have been so good hearted, but what a turn around, the pipe came back home to you, even better.

For an interesting smoke I would recommend G.L.Pease Jack Knife Plug, a very robust and hearty smoke but not for the faint of heart, a very enjoyable easy going smoke is Peter Stokkebye Luxury Bullseye Flake, marvellous smoke, if you get the chance also try to get your hands on some Mac Baren Old Dark Fired, it doesn't 'bite' like most of their blends and it is a very enjoyable smoke. The list could on and on but they're some tobacco's I have found to be rather enjoyable, enjoy the journey, you have some wonderful experiences coming you way. :cheers: