Hello from the Carolinas

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wij

Reaction score
I've been a cigar smoker for many many years built my own humidor and filled it with some nice cigars.

This past Christmas a colleague of mine gave me a tin of pipe tobacco from him personal cellar and I've just started to enjoy smoking a pipe. Obviously, I'm as new to pipes and pipe tobacco as one can possibly be and I've enjoyed learning from the posts on BoB. I am overwhelmed with all I want to know about pipes and tobacco.

Welcome to the forum and to the world of pipe smoking. What is your most favorite cigar? Mine is the Montecristo #2 personally.

Welcome to BoB wij, There isn't a better place you could have come for info. Feel free to ask anything as there are plenty of friendly and helpful folks here. I can understand about the overwhelming issue as I was there once myself!

Cheers,

RR

Navyflake":qewnlckz said:
Welcome to the forum and to the world of pipe smoking. What is your most favorite cigar? Mine is the Montecristo #2 personally.
Gosh there are several depending on my mood. I consistently enjoy H. Upmann Sir Winston, Cohiba Lanceros, Ramon Allones Specially Selected, Bolivar Coronas Gigantes. I had some magically Monte #2 but they have been hit or miss for me, of course that's what you get with tobacco from a communist island.

Brewdude":6w7dg1gk said:
Welcome to BoB wij, There isn't a better place you could have come for info. Feel free to ask anything as there are plenty of friendly and helpful folks here. I can understand about the overwhelming issue as I was there once myself!

Cheers,

RR
Thank you. I thought the slope was steep with cigars but pipes are in a different league.

wij":nl4p0i2l said:
Navyflake":nl4p0i2l said:
Gosh there are several depending on my mood.  I consistently enjoy H. Upmann Sir Winston, Cohiba Lanceros, Ramon Allones Specially Selected, Bolivar Coronas Gigantes. I had some magically Monte #2 but they have been hit or miss for me, of course that's what you get with tobacco from a communist island.
Funny you should mention communist islands .... just returned from a cruise with 10 sticks of the otherwise forbidden weed with Montescristo bands on them ;) I love the non-Cuban offerings here in the States. But, when I light one of Cuban heritage, I am in heaven.

Again, welcome!

Welcome to the forum! Yes, pipe smoking is another deal altogether. Pipe smoking has a certain, I don't know what thing going on, and as Freud once said, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar..... :D

Welcome, and enjoy it all.....

No one has mentioned it, so I will. You like smoking cheroots, right? Why not add some good cigar leaf to your favorite pipe tobacco blend(s), or, try some available mixtures that contain varying proportions of cigar leaf.

Ask forum members for some recommendations. There are blends that are mild, medium, robust, strong, and cigar-leaf forward, but don't think any pipe tobaccos mixed with some cigar leaf will substitute for any cigar. Two different goals, and two different smoking experiences. Cigar-leaf blended with pipe tobacco adds flavors, aromas, extra strength-maybe, and extra complexity to any blend. Try some mixtures.....you might enjoy them. The possibilities are endless if you blend you own custom-mixtures, or add some cigar-leaf to an already existing professional blend. BTW, shredded cigar-leaf can be bought for blending into other pipe tobaccos. "Pipes and Cigars" sells Maduro leaf for blending.

Just suggesting some options.

Frank
NYC

Burners Cigar and Pipe in Huntersville, Exit 25 off I-77 has a Pipe Meet the first Sunday of every month, usually between 3-5pm. Come join us.

Welcome from IL! I am also a long time cigar smoker that got into pipes in the last year or so.