Hello from Vallejo, CA (SF Bay Area)

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the group! Sorry to hear Oregon lost you to those Californians. ;)

Fishfuzz":9f3hidto said:
Thanks so much Fishfuzz and glpease!

Today was the first day of my orientation as a Doctor of Pharmacy Candidate at Touro University in Vallejo, CA. I am blown away by the amazing staff here and the depth of Cancer research by many of the Professors at Touro. I really had no idea just how many faculty at Touro were involved in medical research! Today was just inspiring!

I'm in the the right place and have that rare feeling today when all the stars align and you can feel your destiny in hand. It's really been one of those rare days in life. I'm not a spring chicken anymore and am so thankful for this opportunity in my life. Its way exceeded my expectations and I can't wait for classes to begin next Monday!

To cap my first day of Grad School, I just received my David Jones Dublin this evening and have zero tobacco. It looks like my smokingpipes.com tobacco order will not arrive until next Monday. I might have to take the 45-1hr trip to SF this weekend and visit Grants Tobacco grantspipeshop.com

Thanks so much for the very warm welcome and you guys have an A+ forum and have an amazing community on the web! Well done!

BHB

Brauhausbier":vxpxqk94 said:
Fishfuzz":vxpxqk94 said:

Today was the first day of my orientation as a Doctor of Pharmacy Candidate at Touro University in Vallejo, CA. I am blown away by the amazing staff here and the depth of Cancer research by many of the Professors at Touro. I really had no idea just how many faculty at Touro were involved in medical research! Today was just inspiring!

I'm in the the right place and have that rare feeling today when all the stars align and you can feel your destiny in hand. It's really been one of those rare days in life. I'm not a spring chicken anymore and am so thankful for this opportunity in my life. Its way exceeded my expectations and I can't wait for classes to begin next Monday!

To cap my first day of Grad School, I just received my David Jones Dublin this evening and have zero tobacco. It looks like my smokingpipes.com tobacco order will not arrive until next Monday. I might have to take the 45-1hr trip to SF this weekend and visit Grants Tobacco grantspipeshop.com
Congratulations on grad school!

I'm thinking, yes, Grant's is an hour or so away, but I'm just across the bridge. I might have something to tide you over. I do, after all, know this guy who supposedly makes some pretty decent tobaccos...

glpease":y8r72gei said:
Brauhausbier":y8r72gei said:
Fishfuzz":y8r72gei said:
*snip*
I might have to take the 45-1hr trip to SF this weekend and visit Grants Tobacco grantspipeshop.com
Congratulations on grad school!

I'm thinking, yes, Grant's is an hour or so away, but I'm just across the bridge. I might have something to tide you over. I do, after all, know this guy who supposedly makes some pretty decent tobaccos...
BHB,

Brother, Grant's can wait. Across the bridge you go.

Thank you glpease! I sent you a PM and I'd be happy to head your way. :cheers:

Thanks FF! BoB is awesome!

Brauhaus

Aren't you the one who posted about brewing for the brothers Widmer for something like 12 yrs?

Please accept my hearty Willkommen from a member of the brewing community here in WA state.

I've been alternately a small, large, and small once again brewer. I do prefer the latter...

:lol:

In any case you've chosen a different career path. Best wishes with that.

Becoming a brewer can often equate to taking a vow of poverty!

;)

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":ga9jvw4f said:
Brauhaus

Aren't you the one who posted about brewing for the brothers Widmer for something like 12 yrs?

Please accept my hearty Willkommen from a member of the brewing community here in WA state.

I've been alternately a small, large, and small once again brewer. I do prefer the latter...

;)

Cheers,

RR
Thanks Brewdude! I was a staff microbiologist and chemist for Widmer Brewing from 99'-2011.

The company took a corporate direction regrettably in the late 2000's and I had to part ways to maintain my personal integrity.

I was an EMT and Paramedic back in the 90's and have a pre-med Biology Degree from UCSC. I wanted to return to patient care and work on making a contribution with my mind and skills. To my upmost delight I was accepted at Touro University from an applicant pool of 2000+ for a class size of 103.

I was in the beer biz in Oregon for 13 years and miss it sometimes. Life changes and perspectives change. My wife is a PhD and watching what she does and what she makes has been one of my inspirations to apply to Grad School later in life. I'm looking for a better professional work place and a career that can last much longer than my gig in the beer biz.

It was a good run! Cheers to ya and keep making the good brew! BHB

Brauhausbier":jupto6jv said:
Brewdude":jupto6jv said:
Brauhaus

;)

Cheers,

RR
Thanks Brewdude! I was a staff microbiologist and chemist for Widmer Brewing from 99'-2011.

The company took a corporate direction regrettably in the late 2000's and I had to part ways to maintain my personal integrity.

I was an EMT and Paramedic back in the 90's and have a pre-med Biology Degree from UCSC. I wanted to return to patient care and work on making a contribution with my mind and skills. To my upmost delight I was accepted at Touro University from an applicant pool of 2000+ for a class size of 103.

I was in the beer biz in Oregon for 13 years and miss it sometimes. Life changes and perspectives change. My wife is a PhD and watching what she does and what she makes has been one of my inspirations to apply to Grad School later in life. I'm looking for a better professional work place and a career that can last much longer than my gig in the beer biz.

Well then, I won't ask for the gory details of your experience at the corporate level since I've been there and done that. 'nuff said on that!

:silent:

In any case once a brewer, always a brewer. But my sincere wishes in your new calling.

If you find yourself in the greater Seattle area give me a pm. It would be great to share a pint and a pipe, and swap war stories!

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":5ze1818s said:
Brauhausbier":5ze1818s said:
Brewdude":5ze1818s said:
Brauhaus

;)

Cheers,

RR

Well then, I won't ask for the gory details of your experience at the corporate level since I've been there and done that. 'nuff said on that!

:silent:

In any case once a brewer, always a brewer. But my sincere wishes in your new calling.

If you find yourself in the greater Seattle area give me a pm. It would be great to share a pint and a pipe, and swap war stories!

Cheers,

RR

Will do RR! I'll get up to Seattle one of these days and a pint and pipe would be awesome in The emerald city! NW IPA is about my favorite style! Thank you for the warm welcome!

Boulder":j0lgkj4x said:

Hello and Welcome to the BoB forum. :D
Thank you!

I just had surgery 10 days ago and I'm starting to feel better everyday! I don't believe it, but I can type pain free with my left hand that was a crushed mess. Life is really getting better after 4 weeks since my motorcycle crash in Alaska. I've also been enjoying the hell out of Mr. Pease's Lagona blend in my new David Jones Dublin I Picked up a few week back.

Thank you Bob! What a great on-line group!

BHB

Hey thats great Brauhausbier, I'm really glad you are on the mend.

Greyson":128dxc5y said:
Hey thats great Brauhausbier, I'm really glad you are on the mend.
Thanks Greyson! Much appreciated! It's wonderful to be feeling better again.

Hey,
I'm over here in Sonoma County....good to see another from the "Bay."

Healing well I hope...

PT