Hello, Hello from london Town....

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
saw John this morning... he said he thought he remembered, but that you certainly weren't big! (he's a kind fellow maybe!)

I asked him about fill; yes, naturally, on pipes he's selling for £15 there will be fill, in fact it's barely noticable - he uses a dark fill.

I looked at my (8 so far) pipes, and indeed there are very small bits of fill here and there, but the pipes are all of a darkish colour, so I imagine that the fill may even begin to blend in better as they are smoked.

If he had used a lighter colour, then I would have spotted it. Also, if the briars were of a light shade then perhaps the natural darkening that I assume occurs over time would make the filler more obvious.

he's going to do my special set without fill for me anyway (I asked him to do that).

luapleahcim: LOL !! I guess 6 ft tall and 240 pounds does not qualify as being "fat" in the U.K.; too bad that my wife disagrees !!!!!!!!!!!! LOL !! Great that he will do your special set without fills; all natural!! Enjoy!!

NeroWolfe":m83266cb said:
luapleahcim: LOL !! I guess 6 ft tall and 240 pounds does not qualify as being "fat" in the U.K.; too bad that my wife disagrees !!!!!!!!!!!! LOL !! Great that he will do your special set without fills; all natural!! Enjoy!!
He may charge a bit more than 15 each, but he said he'd do it (I guess it just means that he would only use better bits of briar with no pits for mine)

Welcome from an ex-Brit living in Canada. I hope you find pipe smoking as relaxing as cigar smoking. Welcome to the Brotherhood.