hello, standard newb intro

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IHT

Reaction score
complete with all the keywords new members use in the intro.

hello, my name is greg. "IHT" stands for Im-Ho-Tep, the mummy, as i was a big classic horror movie fan. :farao:

been smoking pipes off and on since the late 90s, then went to cigars from about '01 to '05 when i switched back to strictly smoking pipes.

i see a lot of familiar names, although i'm not known to most of you. i'm a member of a LOT of boards (cigar/pipe), at least 10, maybe more, i haven't counted in a while. i also lend a small hand in the moderating of a cigar forums pipe section (also their newbie intro area, i like long intros). it's small, but growing, not doing too bad for a cigar board.

eh... what else? i'm a Va/Per addict. grew out of Latakia blends for some reason... also love the SG/GH&Co strong blends like Dark Flake (u), Brown Twist Sliced, 1792, Bracken Flake, Brocken Scotch Cake, Rum Flake, etc, etc. my favorites have to be Escudo and quickly rising up the charts is PS Luxury Navy Flake (with your standard good Va/Pers mixed in there as well).

i work, as a civilian, for the Army on Ft. Leavenworth, KS. i was a combat cameraman/tv production/photographer in the army. i'm married with 1 son of my own. i travel way too much and hate it - but it was great when i was single.

my posting style? i'm blunt, so some ppl take it like i'm a jerk when i'm really laid back and just talking like i'm a buddy, discussing a football game over a couple beers. so, if you think you're reading "venom" in one of my posts, it wasn't typed in there, you're putting it in there yourself.
not big on the one-liner, non-helpful type of posts like: "nice post." "thanks for sharing." "i need to get some of that."

hope to learn and help out when i can.

thanks, nick.

i saw this board a couple weeks ago and just now remembered to come back and join.
i see you sold your tinsky. with our small board over there, pipes don't move that fast.

IHT":uwqbv3cw said:
thanks, nick.

i saw this board a couple weeks ago and just now remembered to come back and join.
i see you sold your tinsky. with our small board over there, pipes don't move that fast.

it's all good, i'm just happy the pipe found its way to a good guy in carlos.. you'll like it here, good people just like your board.

IHT":rhjreggc said:
my posting style? i'm blunt, so some ppl take it like i'm a jerk when i'm really laid back and just talking like i'm a buddy, discussing a football game over a couple beers. so, if you think you're reading "venom" in one of my posts, it wasn't typed in there, you're putting it in there yourself.
not big on the one-liner, non-helpful type of posts like: "nice post." "thanks for sharing." "i need to get some of that."

hope to learn and help out when i can.
Nice post. I can appreciate that :)

-Andrew

been a LOOOONG while since i was here. about a decade??

anyway, been smoking a lot more. went a long while where i would only smoke once or twice in a few MONTHS!! don't know why.

i was cleaning out my closet to make room for my books my wife was bitching about, and i kept finding more and more old tobacco that i had forgotten about, etc.

have recently acquired a number of bags of GH blends someone was selling on a FB group, and also bought 2 nice Morgan "Bones" pipes, a saucer and a bent "dog" that's NOT a clencher, but smokes well for cheap.

glad to be back... my own forum folded up shop about a decade ago, some of you may have been "DAnG" members... was a private forum. our 2009 forum pipe was made by Larrysson (Paul Hubbert) and is mentioned in his P&T article, also in the photo on the cover, was a Belge shape, great smoking pipes. we also had C&D make us some tobacco, that has gotten some funny reviews when people who have no clue where it came from get ahold of it.

so, HOPEFULLY i'll be semi-active on here. so much has changed in the past decade with laws and how hard it is to get your favorite tobaccos.
thanks again for not deleting my long inactive account.

Thank you all.
Having some old FVF in a mastro de paja rusticated canadian next to the raindrops.