Hello to all on BoB

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rick999147

Reaction score
Dear Brothers (or should that be brethren)

Just wanted to say hello and give you a very brief idea of who I am.

I am 59 year old Brit, originally from London but as I have been living and working abroad for the last thirty odd years I am almost a tourist when I go back there, which I do a couple of times a year. I spent the first twelve years of my working life in the Royal Air Force and I have remained in the aviation business since then. I now live in the beautiful city of Hamburg, Germany and I am pretty sure this is where I will stay.

I have been a pipe smoker on and off for twenty years and find it the second most enjoyable way to relax that I know of  ;) I have tried all kinds of aromatic tobacco over the years and they really aren't my "cup of tea" so I smoke unflavoured tobacco, often flakes, in small to medium sized pipes.

I am looking forward to being part of dialog here on BoB, learning from fellow members experience and adding my "two penneth" as and when it seems relevant.

Happy Smoking

Rick999147

Heya Rick, good to meet you chap, Germany must be a wonderful country to live in, I have a few mates in Germany, absolutely top blokes too, welcome to BoB me ol'mukka.  :cheers: :sunny: 

Welcome! Glad to have you here. Germany is a very beautiful country. I wish I could go back. I was there in 2003 and enjoyed the time I was there. I stayed about 40km outside Stuttgart.

Hello, Good Evening, and Welcome.
Hope you're fully recovered after twelve years as a

:lol!:

Wecome aboard Rick

rick999147":8wd4qxm7 said:
I smoke unflavoured tobacco, often flakes, in small to medium sized pipes.
I have the sneaking suspicion those flakes are chalk full of flavor!

Welcome to the forum. I've never been to Hamburg, but I very much enjoyed Köln and München. I'd love to spend more time in Germany someday.

Many thanks to all of you for the very warm welcome I have received. I have a feeling that I will enjoy myself here.
I wish you all a great weekend, monday is a public holiday in Germany so three days free  :D 

Rick