Hello

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bronxbill

Reaction score
Just wanted to say hello, I followed Puff Daddy's link from the Knox forum. I'm currently in North Carolina and have been smoking a pipe for 40 years this year....boy am I getting old!!!!. I'm not a big poster, but I thought I'd register rather than just lurk. That way if I do have something to say I can. I'm looking forward to reading the posts.
Bill

Welcome Bill,

although you're in N. Carolina, there must be a Bronx connection.

:lol: Paul

Any friend of Puffs cannot be all good, but a pipesmoker is always welcome. LOL. Enjoy the board and join in when you feel like it.

Bill, Welcome to a darn nice place and with even better people ;) :roll:

Welcome Bill. Don't worry about posts .. I'm sure any number of posts you submit will be just fine :) It's the thought that counts.

Slow Puffs
Dare I say it with your avitar; but I was born and raised in the Bronx. In fact, I used to sell beer and hot dogs at Yankee stadium before I went into the Marines.

bronxbill":a4w6d7lu said:
Slow Puffs
Dare I say it with your avitar; but I was born and raised in the Bronx. In fact, I used to sell beer and hot dogs at Yankee stadium before I went into the Marines.
Wow... it would be interesting to learn what ball players you had an opportunity to watch while pushing the dogs and beer.

BTW... how much was a dog and beer back then?

:lol: Paul

Slow Puffs
It was in 1966, the era of Mantle, Berra Richardson, Boyer etc. Saw some great players.
Beer was 1.25 for a 12oz can; if I remember correctly hot dogs were .75

Great to have you, Bill! Man, everything was better with baseball in those days. $1.25 for a beer? $.75 for a hot dog? Mickey Mantle?

Those WERE the good old days!

Howdy Bill:

You are indeed an old salt, given your Yankee roots. My Dad was a dyed-in-the-wool Yankees fan. I remember a New York Daily News headline from the Mantle-Maris era—"DIAL M FOR MURDER"—that showed up one season when both of those star sluggers were hot. The Yanks' rivalry with the Brooklyn Dodgers was the stuff of legends...all of it gone since the Dodgers moved out here to L.A. But those were indeed the glory days for Yanks fans, with the likes of Micky Mantle, Roger Maris, Yogi Berra, Whitey Ford, Bobby Richardson, Clete Boyer, Tony Kubek, Elston Howard, Moose Skowron...I guess you and Zulu and I really are showing our age when we refer to those days as "good old".

Welcome to our community, amigo.

Vito :joker:

Welcome Bill!

My wife was born and raise in NYC and lived on LI also but I am a naitve North Carolinian, an old Randolph County boy to be exact. Go figure!

Don't ask!