Hello

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shootist51

Reaction score
Hello gents and ladies,
My name is Matt, or shootist51, whichever you prefer.

I am 54 , Male, in Indianapolis, Indiana and started smoking pipes back when I was 18. After a long hiatus, I returned to the pipe about 1 1/2 years ago and have been trying just about every tobacco still on the market.

I am reliably informed by my 8 year old granddaughter that I own 46 pipes, (What do you need with 46 pipes?) Most are pipes I had acquired years ago and my favorite shape is a cherrywood, or poker. Approximately a dozen are old Lane era Charatans Make #284 and #484, for exact numbers you would need to check with the accounting dept. (the 8 yr old)

I also have a smattering of other brands, among them BenWade, Mountbatten, Savinelli, Parker, Ser Jacopo, Bosi and a sprinkling of basket pipes picked up over the years.

My taste in tobacco runs mainy to Virginias and some limited Burleys, current favorites being Old Gowrie, Marlin Flake, Full Virginia Flake, Pennington Gap, Old Joe Krantz, and Butternut Burley.

I haven't turned the accounting department loose on the stored tobacco, so I can't really provide an accurate count and description on the vaults contents, let's just say there are at least 3 beer boxes that smell suspiciously not like beer. The previous blends are the ones that I order in both bulk, when available, and tins, for daily use as well as cellaring.

Well, thanks for having me, I see some familiar names as I peruse the site and look forward to meeting all, sooner or later.

Matt :cheers:

Welcome Matt!

I envy you an eight year old granddaughter! I am trying to get my son married off so I can get one........LOL!

Welcome Matt, I can identify wih trying lots of different tobaccos :lol: . Also some of your fav's are also mine.
:D Paul

Welcome Matt, I've been smoking a pipe for about 3 years now and have about 40 pipes. I am still acquiring them when the mood hits.