Hello

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

denholrl

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been a BoB for a while, but haven't posted, so I thought I'd introduce myself.

I live in Carpinteria, California in Santa Barbara Co. On a good day, we have about 4 pipe smokers here and some laws against smoking in public. But, this few of us are keeping the faith and meet now and then as the Central Coast Pipe Club. (If you'd like to join us, send me an email at [email protected].

I have been a pipe smoker for for about 50 years and now smoke a couple of bowls a week. I've been a collector of Ed Burak's work for about 20 years and have a nice group of his freehands and other Connoisseurs.

I also keep an eye out for pre-Republic Peterson's and Comoy Blue Ribands. I'm putting together a set of Celius shape 12's and lack only the "perfect" Pawn to complete that set. And, I have three Mastros and have really come to appreciate these beautifully cut excellent smokers. Additionally, I have about 50 others I can't bring myself to part with.

Looking forward to chatting and contributing on this site.

Best to all,

Rob

Welcome, Rob! I hope you have a great time here, and find some more locals as well

"T"

Welcome to the BoB. Glad to have you on board. As a person who has been a pipe smoker for 50 years I'm sure you'll have a lot of knowledge and experiences to share. Looking forward to benefiting from your 50 years of wisdom.:) 

AJ

Hi Rob,
Welcome to the Brotherhood. I didn't realize that you were fond of Mastro's. They are some of my finest Italian Pipes and I put them on par with Castello.
See you at the Las Vegas show my friend.
Andy Camire

Welcome Rob!
You mentioned earlier (if memory serves me right) that you haven't an Ardor.
Well sir, by the sounds of your collection you don't need one. Wish I had one Ed Burak.
Celius made some nice pipes also, I use to have a nice Fantasy, now I kick myself quite often and HARD!

Welcome Rob. Sounds like a great little pipe club. Good to see another Californian joining the forums. :D