Hello

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewdude":4y5v8ptg said:
Dave1066":4y5v8ptg said:
Well here are the photos of my pipes.

wp_20114.jpg

Top pipe is Meerschaum lions head
Next down is Peterson 313 system bent billiard pipe
Next down Dr Plumb 5081 bent billiard pipe
Next down Stanwell Bamboo hand carved bent Dublin pipe
Bottom Clay pipe

Hope you like :)

Very attractive pipes Dave. The Dr Plumb is one of my favorite shapes. Looks like a p-lip on that Pete. How do you like that?

Looks like a great start on your collection. Hang around here long enough and you'll have many times that when PAD sets in!

:sunny:

Cheers,

RR
It is indeed a p-lip, well spotted sir. The P-lip is really very easy to grip in the mouth and stays in place very easily, the best out of all my pipes for ease of grip in my mouth. But it does direct the smoke to the roof of my mouth and that can become bothersome sometimes. The smoke tends to be really dry in the Pete, to much so. What I will say is the Pete sits the best in my mouth without any straining to grip it, hardly any in fact. The geometry of the pipe wins over in that regard, it just sits very naturally. I wonder if it is the p-lip or the system design...If I buy another Pete pipe, it wont be a system, maybe just a normal Pete with a P-lip, then I'll find out once and for all.

Thanks for all the welcomes guys.

Welcome aboard. Enjoy you time here. I like some rope myself. Having a Christmas pipe of SG brown Irish X now.

P.S. (With a pinch of lane 1Q for the wife haha)

And howdy! I'm also a BoB newbie, probably too new to welcome you, but welcome just the same. I saw that you had an opportunity to smoke some of Hans Wiedemann's blends. I haven't tried the ones you mentioned but if they're as good, in their own way, as Fayyum Kake and Dockworker, then I hope to try those as well as time goes by. Enjoy the smoke and the comradeship and have a healthy and happy New Year!

Just because your new doesn't mean you can't welcome somebody, just being polite. Thanks for the welcomes, I have already had fun poking around here.