Hello

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwithers55

Reaction score
Bill Withers in Decatur, GA- after trying pipes in the later 70's, I picked it up again about 5 or 6 years ago. I remember as young man in the 70's being floored by the frequent purchasers card used at the Tinderbox in the Lancaster, PA Park City location. I could never imagine filling up that little card. I remember buying a meer lined something or other and a bulldog, enjoying my Captain Black.

Fast forward through getting married (1982) and 20 odd years later, with our son on his own, to now with a collection of pipes that delights me no end. But why in the world would I want to even look at another pipe, I wonder? <sigh>

I have lots of Le Nuvole pipes from Italy and a number of Ruthenbergs. Those are my favorite pipe makers. Now I've started to focus on collecting smaller lovats.

Over the years I've bought and sold far too many pipes on eBay as bwithers1955, many my own, but occasionally for other folks, too.

My smoking habits have settled into mostly virginias (with or w/o perique or burley) and some scented flakes from Gawith Hoggarth or Samuel Gawith. I'm not shy about combining tobaccos for the hell of it, as long as I like the way it tastes. I avoid latakia and orientals because I DON'T like the way they taste. <g>

Best Wishes,
Bill Withers

Welcome Bill! Couldn't agree more about your taste in tobacco. :lol:

Welcome. It seems that many of our new members tried pipes in the 70s, dropped out for various reasons but have now rediscovered the pleasures of the pipe.

Welcome Bill! I get a lot of enjoyment smoking the Svenborg squashed tomato I bought from you off EBay.

Ol'Dawg":qdsxovzs said:
Hey there and welcome to the board from another Georgian!

Jim
Where 'bouts in NE GA are you? We drove up to Banks County today. -bw

Buddy Springman":cmzn1s8m said:
Welcome, Bill! I seem to recall your name from my earlier adventures on asp.

Buddy
Hello, Buddy! It's nice to see a familiar face, uh, name! <g> -bw

RonA3597":ypskcqz5 said:
Welcome Bill! I get a lot of enjoyment smoking the Svenborg squashed tomato I bought from you off EBay.
I'm glad you like that pipe, Ron. -bw

bwithers55":kx31yb3u said:
Stefanos":kx31yb3u said:
Welcome!
I love the pipe in your Avatar.
That pipe, Stefanos, is the center piece of my Le Nuvole collection. <g> -bw
It's gorgeous! Love the long slender shank against the solid rhodesian body, very graceful. My brother has a Le Nuvole and loves it. Like Radice I've been wanting one for some time but just have not come across the right one at the right price at the right time.