HELLO

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D.L.Ruth

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Hello everybody, just signed up. Been smoking a pipe for a couple years now on and off. Smoked mostly cigars in the past but have started to lean more towards pipes recently. Currently living in upstate NY but getting ready to make a move to NC in a couple of months. Currently work in the U.S. Army and have for almost 14 years now. Used to be a marathon runner and slowly trying to get back into it (by get back into it I mean I got new shoes lol). I have about ten pipes right now (8 of which are Petersons) but feel like that is not enough. I've been smoking mostly non-aromatics but have recently ventured into picking up a couple aromatics. Looking forward to contributing where I can, meeting new people, and of course learning more.

:flower: Welcome to the Forum. In
what part of NC will you be? There are never enough pipes or tobacco. :D
Enjoy the trip.

Near Fayetteville? Would that be Ft. Bragg?

If you’re looking for aromatics you might check out The Country Squire. They do aros that are very subdued. My current favorite is Rivendell.

And welcome. I think you’ll enjoy and profit from your time here.

Blackhorse":08ovfy4v said:
Near Fayetteville?  Would that be Ft. Bragg?

If you’re looking for aromatics you might check out The Country Squire.  They do aros that are very subdued.  My current favorite is Rivendell.

And welcome. I think you’ll enjoy and profit from your time here.
Heck yea Ft Bragg, not my first choice of duty station but at least I'll get to get thrown out of planes again. I just started looking into CountrySquire since I started listening to their podcasts on my way to and from work.

Welcome aboard Mr Ruth from one of the chaps in Blighty. Enjoy your 'baccy journey, it can be a long one! And good luck with your latest posting.

Interesting. I was stationed at Bragg for close to a year...training at Womack Army Hospital. 91-C-20 program. Graduated as a Sp. 5 - pretty slick. Of course that was WAY back whenever (1970). I think at that time there were 82nd Airborn jumpers abandoning perfectly good aircraft over Bragg. Parafoil chutes were pretty new then (?) and guys would land them in the field between our barracks and the hospital. We loved it.

Welcome to BoB (and soon to NC). I hope you enjoy your time here

"T"