Help in identifying a movie

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm trying to identify a movie I saw as a kid. This was on TV when I saw it probably in the early 60's and think it was likely a good few years old by that time. I do remember it being in color, so the folks must have had a color TV at that time.

Anyway, all I can recall is that it was set back sometime in the Roman Empire era or the like. The scene(s) that I can remember had to do with turning people into life size wax figures by immersing them in hot wax. There was a scene where I remember a pool of hot wax as blue as any lake, and the final scene was one of the characters diving into it from a ledge above.

Not much to go on I know, but all attempts at sleuthing this out myself have come to naught.

Ring a bell, anyone?

Cheers,

RR

I'm pretty sure it wasn't "House of Wax" with Vincent Price. And I had a look over the wiki list on the link and nothing jumped out at me, although I doubt I'd recognize the title. Even the short descriptions didn't reveal much. Frankly it could have been set in ancient Egyptian times as well. All I know is that the characters were dressed in those sorts of garbs.

Cheers,

RR

I knew a girl that liked hot wax. But that maybe a completely different story.