Help me date my new treasure

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

behindbars1544

Reaction score
So yesterday the wife and I hit a couple of antique shops. Of course I'm always looking for estate pipes but I didn't find any until the very last shop that we went in. One of my three scores. A Costello sea rock. This was a pretty easy refurbish. The pipe basically just needed a good cleaning but the stem had a couple of tooth indentations that needed attention. As you can see it came out beautiful. At first I thought the stem was a replacement because I've never seen a Castello with the rhinestone, only the white line, but after some research and the fact that I totally missed the nomenclature stamped right on the bottom of it it is in fact original to the pipe. Not bad for $15

Congratulations! The Large K's date it from around 1969/70 to 1982/83. The shape 32 Liverpool is a popular shape! :shock:
PS I'll add that the "diamond" trademark indicates that at that time the pipe was imported to the US by Hallco-Rohar

OMG! Those are SO CRUNCHY!!!!!

Very, very nice gentlemen. I raise my gobtu to you!

That’s an awesome looking pipe. I’ve got one with the diamond too. Mines a excellent smoker. I bet yours will be too.