HELP!! POSTING TROUBLES.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck

Reaction score
I'm new here but I do have to wonder why I have to log in to reply or post to a topic
or to read a thread complete. Is there some problem with this forum or does one have
to have a certain number of post to become a "full" member?

All this logging in is the pits. HELP!!!!!! :pipe:

Next time you log in don't hit enter so fast... Look at the log in area. There is a little box you can click on that says "remember me" or some such. Click it and you should stay logged in.

I will only add, to never log out. Then only when the software provider does an update will you have to log back in.

I do have the "remember me" button clicked but still have to log in over and over and
OVER! I also have to log in , even when I'm logged in already, to post or reply.

I've cleared the cookies and such but this board is the only one I have this problem on.
Why? (yes, I know I need cookies but even after a fresh start this problem continues)

Please help as I'd like to stay but this crazy log on issue is a deal breaker. Sorry.

Well, the only thing I can think of to do, is to start over, in a manner of speaking.

Delete the link in your bookmarks/favorites. Clear the cookies and cache. Yeah that sucks as you will have to re-logon everywhere you go. Then save a new bookmark at the site after you logon.

You might be able to do it by simply deleting the cookie for this board and deleting the link. Then logon and once in save a new bookmark. But you will have to search for the cookie and that's not a sure thing.

Tell us what browser and operating system you are using and maybe one of the admins will have an idea.

I use both Windows XP at work, occasionally Windows 2000 at home, and I am usually on Linux. Normally in Firefox. Rarely in Internet Explorer. I stay logged on for weeks if the system isn't updated by the software providers.

I run an imac that runs Tiger OS x 10.4.11 on Safari. I'm at a total loss to explain this
behavior since I have cleared all and started over many times. All that done my
ability to post is so spotty it's crazy.

All the usual fixes just don't seem to work. :no:

Very strange. After you clear your cookies then come and log in can you view to see if you got a cookie from here?

Solved the problem!!

It seems that this site's software doesn't like the "Safari" browser but "Firefox" is just
fine with nary a problem. Whew!! I can stay now! :pipe: