Help to Identify Pipe Stamp

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RDPipes

Mental Illness is a Terrible thing to Waste!
Reaction score
I've had this pipe for sometime now but, could never figure out the makers name. Its stamped well enough but, in cursive and my eye's aint what they used to be. Anyone recognize it or have a good guess?

It's not your eyes, or mine; it's the maker's eyes that are deficient. Maybe someone like Marty Pulvers would know, if you get desperate? Thought maybe it was French with a U.S. importer's stamp, but I don't know anything that looks like that beginning with C, the only letter that's at all distinct.

Hey, Ron, your pipes smoke really great, btw. Great workmanship and all that. Glad I bought 'em when I did.

Richard Burley":rryq8aj1 said:
It's not your eyes, or mine; it's the maker's eyes that are deficient. Maybe someone like Marty Pulvers would know, if you get desperate? Thought maybe it was French with a U.S. importer's stamp, but I don't know anything that looks like that beginning with C, the only letter that's at all distinct.

Hey, Ron, your pipes smoke really great, btw. Great workmanship and all that. Glad I bought 'em when I did.
Thank you Rick, I'm very happy to know your still enjoying them sir. :cheers:

Yeah, That's a tough one to make out, I must have came up with about six different spellings and none of them made much sense. :scratch:

Blackhorse":dgsx8x91 said:
Funny...at first I couldn’t make out much at all but once you know what it says, it’s easy to read.
Yeah, its funny how the brain works to make see what you didn't before knowing what it is. Glad it does though. ;)

Yes, I always thought "Jean Lacroix" pipes (I have several) were actually "Jeaulacroix," judging by the script. Guess I'm wrong. Legibility is for squares, dude.