Help with a Keyser pipe please

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oupa

Reaction score
Since I was 18 years old I have smoked a pipe that I made from a pipe bowl that belonged to my grandfather.
He made pipe bowls from wood from the Knysna forest.
The stem was made using the aluminum condensation chamber and a curved stem from a Keyser pipe.

Recently my pipe has been stolen and I am lost without it.
I have  another pipe bowl that my grandfather made and would really like to build another FrankenKeyser, but I cannot find any old or broken Keyser pipes online.
I need the aluminum chamber and a curved stem.
Can anyone help?
You would make my Christmas card list for sure! :D

Dirk

They were meant to be sold in South Africa. Would not surprise me at all to find them in Australia. You are going to have to watch eBay. There is some information on refurbishing these pipes on the Internet. That's where they are getting them.

We also have a Trading Post forum where you might post a message about "Wanted to Buy/Trade", that sort of thing. But per forum rules, you will have to wait until you have been a member here at least 30 days, and gotten to know some of the other members by posting at least 30 times.

Our Trading Forum moderator may decide that your post was a Wanted Ad and edit, or delete it. I won't question his decision in such matters. I assumed you were looking for information and pointed you to the one sure place you will find one. Given enough time.

I have contacted various pipe restorers, pipe sellers, the Keyser distributor in Australia even their English manufacturer, without success to date.

For the record, I cannot see any forum for buying or selling and anyway, I do not wish to sell anything.
I can understand that folks would frown on a new member peddling goods, but asking for help?

Dirk

I would see if any of our South African Brothers have anything........

Perfect.
Seller has specified that he/she will not ship outside Great Britain though.
I have asked them to make an exception, fingers crossed.
Dirk

I lost out....they would not ship to Australia.....suppose it is understandable...we being a nation of convicts and all... :lol:

Dirk

oupa":p11x4cu8 said:
I lost out....they would not ship to Australia.....suppose it is understandable...we being a nation of convicts and all... :lol:

Dirk
That's just BS sir, we even convicts have got rights too. :suspect:

Better luck next time. I think that they were asking a bit much just for domestic shipping tbh.