Help with Kirstens

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pipemaker

Broken Pipe
Reaction score
I am trying to get a handle on the tobacco chamber dimensions of the various bowl sizes of Kirsten pipes.
I would greatly appreciate if any of our Kirsten owners could measure the depth of the chamber along with the inside diameter at the top of the bowl, and post them here or send me a P.M.

The name of the bowl shape and the stated size (med, lge, xlarge,) if known and/or the letter usually stamped on the bottom of the radiator would also be of great help.

Thank you,
Mike B

Hey Mike - I live in Seattle (home of Kirsten) and I know a true expert. I'll PM you her email.

Mike, the one I have is a late 70's S radiator, mandarin bowl 7/8x7/8 no taper and a flat bottom inside. No idea what size bowl they call it though.

Jim

Mike... I have two

Kirsten1 Gen 1 - S, no markings on bowl, chamber shape - truncated cone, 7/8 X 7/8

Kirsten2 Gen 3 - CB, no markings on bowl, chamber shape - truncated cone, 15/16 X 15/16

To give you some idea of the taper in the bowl, a dime (.705 in) dropped in the bowl and laid horizontal is about 5/16 from the top in the smaller bowl and 1/2 in from the top in the larger. The bowls have < 1/16 in cake (but not by much). This impacts the dime thing, but it is not reflected in the other measurements.

Hope this helps...