Here's one I made

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick

Reaction score
Just wanted to share my latest pipe:
nj12a.jpg

nj12b.jpg

nj12c.jpg

I'd love to hear what you all think.

Nick, thats cool how the carving flows from the shank into the stem, nice.

Bd Bruce

Never Forget!

Nice.Makes me think that someday when I retire I could make pipes and get so good that
I would be on the cover of P&T magazine and develop a following and speak at the big pipe shows
and.........who knows? :lol: :lol:

I wish I could do as well Nick. :)

Winslow

Winslow":yn1tpmic said:
Nice.Makes me think that someday when I retire I could make pipes and get so good that
I would be on the cover of P&T magazine and develop a following and speak at the big pipe shows
and.........who knows?
Every now and again one of my buddies will tell me i should sell my pipes. I always tell them the same thing. Maybe when I retire. By then, maybe i'll be good enough.

not bad, i'd smoke it .. i need to try my luck at making my own from a kit, any special tools required?

frankluke":7esm3nql said:
not bad, i'd smoke it .. i need to try my luck at making my own from a kit, any special tools required?

If it were me, the special tools would be bandaids.

:lol:

Thanks. I made it for my friend, so i really don't know how it smokes.

As far as tools go, all you really need are a few files and a bunch of sand paper. A disk sander will speed things up alot, but it also means you can screw things up 10 times faster. If you get a kit, ask the guy to let you carve your own stem too. Just have him drill and cut a tenon on a rod of vulcanite. The stem is fun and challenging and at least as important as the wood, if not more so. Ohh! A buffer is good too.