Here's our chance

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

This is one of those speak up now or forever hold your peace moments.

TobaccoReviewsdotCom make you crazy?

How about a BoBBoard that is the exclusive real estate for weed reviews? REAL ones. The sort that people take time to write, not the dashed off, "I hate Perique, and this stuff has Perique in it, so it sucks -- no stars" variety.

It would require that the Mods be willing to pull sub-standard ones, but such a thing CAN be made fair and reasonable:

EXAMPLE: Every review must be subbed as a poll, but the question is always, "Quality Review? Y or N"

At the end of 30 days, if the board's members COLLECTIVELY feel it's lacking, down it goes. Otherwise, it stays.

I repeat. It's something along those lines, or never winge about TRdotCom again. Here's our chance.

That doesn't sound like a bad idea to me. Being it's the community that decides what's quality or not and not a select few. Of course I don't think I've seen anyone here give a bad review even if the author stated it wasn't really a review. :lol:

thomas james":23wq2tng said:
I only plan to do janitorial type stuff
Me too. I see this as everyones board, Huggies baby, and I volunteer my services in any way that will aid the community and make Huggies life here easier...Not that I think I can do that, I'm not a computer programmer or anything like that, just another volunteer janitor. I'm just along for the ride, willing to give a vote on any action if a vote is ever needed, and stand at the ready, mop in hand and big ol mess of keys that don't open anything :p

I love the TR idea, but it may prove to be the one area where some editing-out has to be done with regard to obviously ill intentioned or foolish posts (if the premise is to keep it a true reference volume). The end result could be ver good 8)

Puff Daddy":7hmnx3a9 said:
I love the TR idea, but it may prove to be the one area where some editing-out has to be done with regard to obviously ill intentioned or foolish posts (if the premise is to keep it a true reference volume). The end result could be ver good 8)

I'd think it would be needed very rarely, here. Strictly for the obvious stealth-lurker-troll-spiteful sort of junk that any public board gets its share of.

Otherwise, I think people would try quite hard to do their best precisely BECAUSE the BoBBoard reviews are intended as an antidote to TRdotCom's shortcomings. As in, if it truly isn't going to be better, why bother?

One thing we would probably need to do this is a mini "how to" that describes the procedures for correctly posting a review. We can than post that as a sticky on the Review forum. It should include what we are looking for in a review as well as step by step instructions on how to set up the poll and then proceed with the review itself. I wouldn't think we'd need a template or anything that restrictive.

would try quite hard to do their best precisely BECAUSE the BoBBoard reviews are intended as an antidote to TRdotCom's shortcomings. As in, if it truly isn't going to be better, why bother?

Most true, Woofs. The problem would come with hard-tryers who have not too much to say.

Or no ?

Suggestion : Post reviews. Those elected go into a Reviews section, like the page of all-time great posts @ aspipes.

That way, nobody can feel picked-on or snubbed. Something like the hall of fame is. An honor rather than an entitlement.

:face:

jhuggett":g6llp3zg said:
One thing we would probably need to do this is a mini "how to" that describes the procedures for correctly posting a review. We can than post that as a sticky on the Review forum. It should include what we are looking for in a review as well as step by step instructions on how to set up the poll and then proceed with the review itself. I wouldn't think we'd need a template or anything that restrictive.
Bingo. Writing is easy for some people, and harder for others. I'm sure there are many smokers who have little occasion to write because of their job or natural inclination, but who DO have TobaccoLust, and want to contribute. Some sort of outline-ish, "be sure the following areas aren't overlooked" sort of thing would be embraced as a welcome tool in such cases, I'd think.

Again, the WHOLE POINT of a blend review board would be as a response to TRdotCom. This would create a filter: Those happy with the status quo would have little interest in a new review repository, while those who do want one would want to do their best as a matter of pride. See their creation get "voted a keeper" and so forth.

Yak":uocbpc3d said:
Suggestion : Post reviews. Those elected go into a Reviews section, like the page of all-time great posts @ aspipes.

That way, nobody can feel picked-on or snubbed. Something like the hall of fame is. An honor rather than an entitlement.
That's it. :cheers:

Anyone who wants to, just write a review.

If you want it considered as a candidate for the "Keeper Board" (which only a mod can post to), attach a poll to it.

30 days later, the vote determines its fate.

Beautiful.