Heresy or Genius?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Handsome Dynamite

Reaction score
I rode to a B&M I don't usually go to, and for some reason, was in the mood for a cigar, so I bought a few and smoked one there. I always carry a pipe with me, so when the cigar got short, I wondered what I could do, it was a nice $11 cigar, so I thought why toss a fifth of it away. This is what I did.

44212_1653995034030_1361670035_1741040_770358_n.jpg

I say genius. Anyone say heresy?

I'd heard of doing this before, so I tried it once. Wierd.

I've seen several older gentlemen doing this,,,,seems like a good solution

Had the idea originated with you, I would have labeled it genius. However, I would still have to label it semi-genius!!! If you knew nothing about such being done heretofore, you could then argue that you were at the very least deserving of the company of genius!!! :D :D

Robert

pipetongue1":catrmiv2 said:
I used to do that on the Streets!!!Ken :affraid: :tongue:
What are you trying to say, brother Ken??? :scratch: :lol:

Well, I had no idea this was somewhat common, done before or had special pipes made for it. I thought I was being quite creative, though I guess it could still be called original somewhat

Handsome Dynamite":zfjqivmm said:
Well, I had no idea this was somewhat common, done before or had special pipes made for it. I thought I was being quite creative, though I guess it could still be called original somewhat
That's right! And, since you did not have prior knowledge concerning such, I would then call you a genius!!! ;)

Robert

There was many of times in the 80's when cigars was the thing and pipe tobacco was out that I'd take my favorite cigar, a Don Diego corona, and cut it in about 3/4 inch plugs and stuff it in a pipe for a smoke. Truth is I liked it and I'd do it again today if the dang things weren't so expesnive. I can buy a full tin for what one good cigar cost today.

That is what I envisioned the first time I tried Frog Morton....at least that's what it tasted like. :cry:

hobie1dog":ijmblfd2 said:
That is what I envisioned the first time I tried Frog Morton....at least that's what it tasted like. :cry:
Frog Morton tasted like grasshopper? :scratch:

It's a very thrifty practice, so I like it! It would have done our great depression forefathers proud to see such a complete use of the beast.

-Andrew

I shred up some of my "lesser quality" cigars and blend them into my pipe tobacco. I have a jar of leftover GLP Robusto / McClelland Dominican Glory Maduro blended together with my cigar shreddings. Tasty stuff indeed. :D