Hermit Tobacco Works Holiday Blend 2010?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natch

Geographer Ultimo
B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone had this tobacco? Tobacco Reviews has covered a couple of the early years (2000-06) and they're mostly Virginia or VaPers. But they don't cover any since 2006 and just wondering what this year's Holiday Blend might be. We used to see a lot of Capt. Earl's blends in the Milwaukee area years ago and I enjoyed many of them.

Thanks in advance for any info,

Natch

Attachments

• HH2010.jpg
    HH2010.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 122
  • HH2010b.jpg
    HH2010b.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 120
IIRC, Hermit's tobaccos are now made by C&D. FYI...Love the outfit the little lady is wearing. FWIW, FTRPLT

Last edited:
Has anyone had this tobacco? Tobacco Reviews has covered a couple of the early years (2000-06) and they're mostly Virginia or VaPers. But they don't cover any since 2006 and just wondering what this year's Holiday Blend might be. We used to see a lot of Capt. Earl's blends in the Milwaukee area years ago and I enjoyed many of them.

Thanks in advance for any info,

Natch
That a Great Looking Tin. It looks very fresh like its been stored in the dark with nice bright colors!

On a side note J (RIP) and Louise were close with many of us in the Milwaukee Area Pipe Society. They were regulars at our Pipe Show and Swap every summer. Those were great shows and we still mourn the lose of J who was taken to soon. :geek:

It's kind of sad because it seems like a lot of manufacturers that used to make Christmas blends have stopped making them - for whatever reason.

It's kind of sad because it seems like a lot of manufacturers that used to make Christmas blends have stopped making them - for whatever reason.
I think one of the big reasons is that every new blend has to approved by the FDA and the money it costs to get all the stuff done is outrageous, at least I think I remember reading something along those lines. Fortunately, I believe the anyway established blends are safe for now

I think one of the big reasons is that every new blend has to approved by the FDA and the money it costs to get all the stuff done is outrageous, at least I think I remember reading something along those lines. Fortunately, I believe the anyway established blends are safe for now
I'd wager that within five years all tobacco producers will be required to clearly distinguish between the casings used to process tobacco and top dressings, additionally used for flavorings and aroma. Ultimately, top dressings will be prohibited for addition by producers and will have to be added post purchase by the consumer.

I think politicians should be addressing the real problems and tobacco is not one of them.

That a Great Looking Tin. It looks very fresh like its been stored in the dark with nice bright colors!

On a side note J (RIP) and Louise were close with many of us in the Milwaukee Area Pipe Society. They were regulars at our Pipe Show and Swap every summer. Those were great shows and we still mourn the lose of J who was taken to soon. :geek:
Mike (Mad Dog) took me to my first Pipe/Tobacco show in Milwaukee back in the 70s. That's where I was first introduced to Hermit Tobaccos. He also made me over a dozen customized bowls for my Kirsten pipes and a couple of my larger "regular" pipes. I was just at Uhle's last week and it brought back a flush of memories from those days.

I have one of the older tins of this, less colorful. Can’t lie, I bought it for the tin art! Not sure it is still being made though ...