Hey all. New here.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter-CCB

Reaction score
I may have registered before but if so, I’ve forgotten any login.
Name is Peter - CCB means Central Coast Briars .. YouTube channel I try to do but I’ve been so busy I’ve not edited any stuff I’ve recorded. Pipe obsessed. Every day, I’m smoking pipes, buying and selling them, making them or restoring them. I have way way too many. Or is that possible? Also strait to make tampers and other stuff. Don’t have room for a lathe until we move so I feel like I’ve got a hand tied behind my back for now. Live in Santa Barbara ,,, enjoy long walks on the beach and a good cuddle. I want to feel safe. 😂

anyway... glad to be here. Oh, I’ve got a shop where I’ve been selling some of my pipe collection. But it is doing far more than I ever expected or intended. So... I’ve got that going too.

Welcome to the group. Look forward to seeing some of the pipes you've made and plan on curving out your YouTube channel

Welcome back. I do not see an old account with the tools I have. More info might find it. But unless you want to search for it, just go with the new account. We are on new software, since last fall. We had some minor migration issues moving the old accounts.

I lost a lot of pics messing around with file transfer on my new iPad Pro. They all were corrupted so I’ve got to retake a lot. Here’s the 5th pipe I made a while back. A simple Brandy. I don’t have a lathe so it’s all sandpaper, dremel and files. Now I’ve got more sanding equipment. I’ve been spending most of time restoring lately to thin out the 200 or so pipes. I’m very new to making them and I’ve done a different shape each time. So here’s my 4th and 5th. A bent brandy and a Cherrywood. I bought some ox horn and bands to play around with but it’s hard without a lathe. I’ll have one after the move though. Cherrywood and Brandy.
when I said I may have had an account here before, I meant signed up and intro. not a lot of posts or anything. Thanks for the welcome guys.

well, I’m off to work on a Kaywoodie Relief Grain and a Luigi Viprati for the next couple hours. Have a good day everyone.

Thank you. Yeah I’m happy with the Brandy. I just buffed and waxed 11 pipes today. I need more time carving. I am halfway through a new one. Finished a billiard bit I cracked the shank On the final coat of wax. Like... the last possible amount of effort...cracked. Lol. So I took a few weeks after that one. I got a foredom and I’m just having fun with that at the moment. Can’t wait to use it on a piece of briar.