hey Everyone.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mchiappetta80

Reaction score
My name is Mike, I have only been smoking a pipe for a little over a year but within this time I have connected with a lot of cool people and even more people who happen to be quite famous in this industry and I have come to learn that even some of the Top Dogs in this community are very humble and willing to fit me in their busy schedules. I'm not dropping names or anything, but to me its the equivalent of a movie star becoming my friend but even better because they are true artists. I cant wait to get some info from all of you but for right now I just have a serious question. I mainly order tobacco from pipes and cigars or smoking pipes, but as of a week ago neither of them including just about ever other company does not have ennerdale flake right now. is there a shortage??? how long can it last. I have been keeping myself busy with plenty of delicious tobaccos but I'm dumfounded to find everybody out of it. its crazy. is it the end of the world??? please help me or at least tell me if you know what's happening. I just recently acquired 2 mint condition Butz Choquin Autosport pipes with the built in bakelite windcap for driving. one is a 1930 straight billiard and the other is a 1960s bent billiard. both so beautiful, I contemplated only collecting them but I don't want to just look at them, so I started using them and I'm in love. I'm also waiting for a pipe that I came up with the concept of and this 24 year old talented pipe maker is making me the pipe of my dreams. when I get it, ill send pics.

Welcome to BoB Mike. Sounds like you're doing well on your pipe journey. I can't comment on Ennerdale except to say that eventually it'll come back into stock, and when one vendor gets some the rest usually do as well.

Cheers,

RR

Good to have you aboard, Mike. You've landed in a great place, with some great people. This is a good spot to increase your knowledge of the hobby, as well as share your own experience.

Enjoy!

Loren

Welcome aboard! I can't say for the Ennerdale, one of my very top favorite smokes. One things gets to me in this, though: Samuel Gawith has merged with G & H. Ennerdale has been out of stock for a while. The SG tobaccos are getting harder and harder to get every month. Will this also be the case with the G & H offerings?
I hope not.

Welcome! RE: shortages, they do seem to be fairly common across the board these days. I guess I was lucky to buy some Ennerdale last month! I'm sure that will be along again soon. Have you tried their Brown Flake Scented or Grasmere (Mars Cigars has both), while 4 Noggins has Grasmere, Bosun Cut Plug, & Coniston Cut Plug. Smoking Pipes does seem to have #7 Broken Flake, Bosun, Brown Flake Scented, Coniston, & Grasmere -- all Lakelands you might wish to try out if you like Ennerdale.