HEY!!!! Russ Ouellette WTF happened????

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoverPipes

Reaction score
I just heard that Pipesandcigars.com was just bought by Cigarsinternational.com over the weekend. I was told that the store in Albany was packed up and moved to Bethlehem, PA!!! :affraid:

Can anyone confirm this?
I see all of the P&C website info has been shifted over to CI's PA address!!!!!

RUSS ARE YOU OUT THERE BROTHER!!!!
What the hell is going on!!!!!!!

:affraid: :affraid: :affraid: :affraid: :affraid: :affraid: :affraid: :affraid:

I heard this as well, and the physical address listed on the website seems to confirm it. I've heard other details second hand, so I won't repeat them in the interest of not spreading rumors. I am annoyed that the email was sent to those of us on the mailing list on April 9 made no mention of the sale, just business as usual. It makes me feel that someone is trying to lie to me, and my faith in P&C is accordingly diminished.

HCraven":wo4klfut said:
It makes me feel that someone is trying to lie to me, and my faith in P&C is accordingly diminished.
I don't get it. Do you think you won't get what you order now?

No, I just don't think I'm dealing with the same people, and I think someone is trying to profit from a reputation they haven't earned.

I bought a load of tobacco from them,
but I can't say I "knew" anyone there.
Website looks the same; if they don't
raise prices or charge shipping, I'm OK.

I've also used CI before. Good company.
They never had this before.

I've always had excellent customer service when buying from Cigars International. If the new merger is true, you can most likely expect some of the most competitive prices in the industry, as well as improved accuracy in inventory control and shipping and receiving. :cheers:

Dutch":8rahcjvz said:
I've always had excellent customer service when buying from Cigars International. If the new merger is true, you can most likely expect some of the most competitive prices in the industry, as well as improved accuracy in inventory control and shipping and receiving. :cheers:
Looks like a win-win for everyone except those that lost jobs.
A lot of people are losing jobs in anti-tobacco and anti-gun
states as companies relocate to friendlier climates.

Interesting news. This might explain the big physical inventory they were conducting over the weekend. Any how, Cigars Intl. is a good reputable company. Given the customer service troubles that P&C has had over the last year a little change might be a good thing. Hopefully Russ and his Hearth & Home label and other house/club blends still remain a fixture on the site.

DrumsAndBeer":9ug17y4e said:
Given the customer service troubles that P&C has had over the last year a little change might be a good thing.
Their customer service was great;
it was the order pickers who kept blowin' it.
Prolly orders filled after lunch. :lol:

No more international shipping at P&C either. I understand Russ is going with the company, which isn't a surprise. Everyone else was let go.

I think their order process is questionable. I was trying to order ~20 lbs of Dark Flake from them. I couldn't get a straight answer as regards how much they had on hand and how much they would back order. They said don't worry, what we don't have we'll order. But they never said when they would get it. Meanwhile they put a hold on my credit card for the entire amount, saying that they wanted to verify the funds. In my mind if a vendor doesn't have the goods, they neither charge nor hold funds. In my mind they especially don't do this as distributors, from what I know, order 6 mos ahead of time. In this case they would have either sold the tobacco to P&C or said they were out; if out, given their forecasted ordering, it is hard to say when they would have it. Yet P&C blithely acted as if they would get the tobacco in a reasonable period of time and proceeded to hold my funds. It turned out that after holding ~$850.00, they only had 4 oz on hand. I canceled the entire order. They withdrew the hold within minutes.

Given that I've read others' negative experiences with them, I feel this was a questionable business practice. In future they're going to give me a firm answer about what they have available and what they don't, ship what they have on hand in short order and charge me only for items in their real, not questionably virtual, inventory. Mr. Ouelette's blends are very good, from what I read, and I will only order from them to get his blends.

Just have to keep a real good eye on them. Their personalized customer service sucks. And if they can slip you some cheap-ass China made junk, they will. If they can pawn any junk off on you will, they will, with no apologies should you complain. But they do have some good cigars at a decent price.

I wonder if the the Habana Cigar Shop downstairs will continue to sell Russ' blends? I enjoy stopping by every couple of months and using their nice lounge. I always buy some Larry's Blend, as the bulk blends aren't taxed as heavily.

I didn't see any Home & Hearth blends listed on the tobacco page for CI.com. I stop by a CI near Hamburg PA and anothe near Allentown with some frequency. They have Dunhill MM965 at less than $9, which is as cheap as I've seen.

I usually would not weigh in on something like this for fear of stirring a hornets nest but it does really seem in bad form. I understand the logic behind keeping Mr.Ouellette but to simply "let every else go" seems just a tad bit shady to me. Add on to that the fact that it seems it was kept very hush hush even with P&C's loyal customers kind of makes me never want to do business with any of them quite frankly.

On the other hand from a consumer standpoint, as well as reading of some of the shipping complaints, this might be a good thing. I haven't ordered from P&C simply because of the complaints I have read about P&C's shipping and customer service.
I have however made a few orders with Cigars Int. and I would like to say there customer service was bar none! My very first order with them went slightly askew to no fault of theirs. I screwed up my address and my shipment got sent back, they sent me an e-mail as soon as the post office informed them (not after it made it back) so score one for C.I. Then I ended up with FREE Calibri Cutter in my order because "with the hiccup, shipping took slightly longer than 2 weeks." (11 business days) Are you kidding me? 8) :lol: I have happily waited longer for many items with more importance than a box of cigars.
Thank you though, Cigars International, very cool indeed!

Russ was at the TAPS show in Raleigh, NC, this weekend, handing out samples and talking tobacco, as usual. Nothing seems to have changed on his end. I can't comment on any other changes that might be in the works. The subject never came up while I was talking with him.

Interesting, I've been a fan and loyal customer of CI. Many don't know they are owned by tobacco giant STG. :shock:

Ive had nothing but good experiances with P&C, hopefully all that they offer will remain the same. CI has some great prices and good service too. It wil be interesting to see how this changes things.

maybe they'll get their inventory system straight now. As long as the prices are good and they deliver I don't care who owns them.