Heya Fellas!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuitarMyFriend

Reaction score
Man-o-man, what a year.
Where to start...
I got a new Job, I work as a Central Service Technician in the surgery department at the local hospital here now, and that about takes up all my time. Great Job, but Good Lord the things I get to see daily make me tremble, and turn green. Better pay, and weekends off!

Now you all encouraged my proposal to my fiancee, but none of you told me what wedding planning was like! If I had known that you could spend 2 hours picking out colors, and spend months figuring out the addresses of every single family member just to send them an invite, and finding out what flowers go along with what dresses, that go along with ties, that go along with table runners, and candles, and tuxes, and music, and everything! MY GOSH! We've got two months to finalize everything, and it seems like we'll never get there. It's all fun, (Kinda), but I've never been more excited in my life. My Michelle, is the best choice I could have made as a bride!

But I'm back now, I've been puffing on a pipe like always, and have been missing all you guys like crazy!

And Michigan guys! I say we get together for a pipe date before the snow hits!!!

Zach

Glad for ya but ya never heard about the County Clerks office ? After ya have the license it takes about 10 minutes and ya can wear your jeans if ya want !! :twisted: :twisted: 

Welcome back!

when co-planning the wedding, you get to practice the most important phrase a husband needs to learn: "Yes, dear."

monbla256":o4gsjjee said:
Glad for ya but ya never heard about the County Clerks office ? After ya have the license it takes about 10 minutes and ya can wear your jeans if ya want !! :twisted: :twisted: 
I could have filled you in on wedding planning.

Been wondering where ya got off to Zach. Good to hear from you and that you and your intended are on the way to matrimonial bliss!

Great pic btw! And don't be a stranger.

:D 

Cheers,

RR

Thanks guys!

To Mr. Monbla, I've tried, and tried, and tried, but a girls gotta have her wedding!

To Mr. Dr. T (LOL!), I have had yet to say that. Her and I work like clockwork, always compromising! For instance; she wanted a dog, and I didn't want a dog, so we got a dog! HA! We actually do work well and plan well with each other. She's had me "active" in wedding planning with her. Right after I proposed to her, she started going crazy with colors and decorations. I was quite overwhelmed and I went to my dad asking for advice. He said let her worry about the wedding, you worry about preparing to be the best husband that you can be. So I went into my devotional and scripture time spending time focusing on my duty as a husband to my household and my wife. Lots of VERY interesting stuff.
To the woman he said, “I will surely multiply your pain in childbearing; in pain you shall bring forth children. Your desire shall be for your husband, and he shall rule over you.” Gen 3:16.
She loves that one!!!!

Good to here from you again GMF. Great pic and congrats.

Wedding Day is one part, the game lasts a bit longer, CONGRATULATIONS! If you get up to Traverse City get yourself a cigar at Nolan's, then relax and have a smoke. there will be some slogging ahead of you. Remember when you are up to your a-- in alligators your main objective was to drain the swamp. GOOD LUCK!

Good to hear from you Zach.  

"you worry about preparing to be the best husband that you can be."  

That is the best advice you could get and nothing needs be added.

Congratulations!  It ain't easy, but it is worth it.

Great photo Zach. I've always been told that marriage is a 60-40 proposition. Each party has to do their 60%. Back in the 1960's my future father-in-law told me he'd give me $2,000. to run off and elope. I should've taken his offer because the wedding cost him a hell of a lot more than that and there wouldn't have been any stress involved. LOL
Enjoy seeing your bride-to-be get all excited with the planning. Like you say, it's something she will always treasure. Welcome back, keep on puffin, it's the best stress reliever there is.
 :cheers: :cheers: 

I tried to convince the lady to elope when we first got married but she wouldn't have any part of it. It is a great experience though and I'm glad I didn't elope. You guys are looking great and happy. Have fun brother and enjoy it!

Awesome to hear that you and your better half are having a great year Zach! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: 

GuitarMyFriend":3c7jpu1g said:
One of our Engagement Photos for you guys!

What a cutie... and your fiance is an attractive lady too. Joking aside, Congratulations. I was married just this past September and was shocked by all the details and planning my wife undertook.

Congratulations!  I have found that as a husband in a argument, I can be right or I can be happy!