• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Brothers of Briar and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

HH McBaren Vintage Syrian

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSteve

Reaction score
I've read the rules and the updated rules for selling tobacco at BoB. I'll probably screw up anyway. I have several factory sealed one pound bags of HH MacBaren Vintage Syrian and many sealed tins, as well. As I'm smoking most of my own DIY blends, I'm not really reaching for the Vintage Syrian. I have been made a "fair" offer by a broker for all of it, but I know he'll extract exorbitant prices when he resells. I would like to sell it via one bag, one tin to pipe smokers for basically what I paid plus shipping. I have no desire to make a profit on a fellow BoB. I'd be happy to know that the tobacco is being enjoyed by those with whom I interact. If there is sufficient interest I'll put the tobacco up for sale. Truth be known, I'd rather give it away, 'cause I have difficulty selling to friends, but there's too much money invested and I have a reasonable offer on the table. Plus, at my age, packing, shipping, and going to the post office during the pandemic is always a danger.

If there's interest, I may dump the bags and tins on one of my daughters.  I know I last paid $52.50 per pound.

SmokingPipes.com for the Cyprian replacement is currently getting $63.50.

And, yes, I know some bags have already sold for $100 and up.

I believe I paid $18 per 3.5 oz. tin. The replacement is retailing for $20.00.

Again, please understand this is just a feeler to see if there's interest.

Moderators: If this post is inappropriate, feel free to delete it. Thanks.

Vintage Syrian is one of the few Latakia blends I like! I'd be interested.

It would seem that a good way to gauge interest is to just offer it for sale.

It sounds like you’re offering it at $52.50/lb and $18/tin...plus shipping. Is that right?

BTW: we greatly appreciate the ethic underlying this sale.

Blackhorse":9zm3scw8 said:
It sounds like you’re offering it at $52.50/lb and $18/tin...plus shipping.  Is that right?  
If I ultimately post it for sale, those will be the prices.

RSteve":i82b7lj1 said:
Blackhorse":i82b7lj1 said:
It sounds like you’re offering it at $52.50/lb and $18/tin...plus shipping.  Is that right?  
If I ultimately post it for sale, those will be the prices.

Well, thanks for the tease. Let us know which way you decide to go.

I'd be interested.

Those are great prices. I kind of wish I bought more at JR, that's for sure. I don't know if four pounds will be enough.

If you open things up to a multi-purchase, five tins and a pound would carry me through the decade, and that's with me exercising restraint! It's got a leathery sweetness that just isn't any other blend.

My sincere apology for not responding earlier. Life happens and I've been dealing with a daughter's apparent second bout of CV19. She was quarantined/treated for five weeks in March/April and we thought the battle was over, but two weeks ago the symptoms returned, even though this time she tested negative for the virus. The MDs said that after one is infected, there may be further consequences and that's what appears to be occurring. She's 41 and was healthy when stricken.

I'm sorry to hear that RSteve. This virus can be tough to shake.

Best of luck to her, sending out warm thoughts to your family.

My daughter is doing as well as expected. There have been some unforeseen aftereffects of the CV19. Today, she had multiple external and internal MRIs to find the source of intense pain she periodically is experiencing. She's also intermittently experiencing some, what she calls,  "brain fog' which I've read that others have also been experiencing following CV19.

I've read the rules and the updated rules for selling tobacco at BoB. I'll probably screw up anyway. I have several factory sealed one pound bags of HH MacBaren Vintage Syrian and many sealed tins, as well. As I'm smoking most of my own DIY blends, I'm not really reaching for the Vintage Syrian. I have been made a "fair" offer by a broker for all of it, but I know he'll extract exorbitant prices when he resells. I would like to sell it via one bag, one tin to pipe smokers for basically what I paid plus shipping. I have no desire to make a profit on a fellow BoB. I'd be happy to know that the tobacco is being enjoyed by those with whom I interact. If there is sufficient interest I'll put the tobacco up for sale. Truth be known, I'd rather give it away, 'cause I have difficulty selling to friends, but there's too much money invested and I have a reasonable offer on the table. Plus, at my age, packing, shipping, and going to the post office during the pandemic is always a danger.

If there's interest, I may dump the bags and tins on one of my daughters. I know I last paid $52.50 per pound.

SmokingPipes.com for the Cyprian replacement is currently getting $63.50.

And, yes, I know some bags have already sold for $100 and up.

I believe I paid $18 per 3.5 oz. tin. The replacement is retailing for $20.00.

Again, please understand this is just a feeler to see if there's interest.

Moderators: If this post is inappropriate, feel free to delete it. Thanks.
I wasn't able to edit the initial thread. I've had offers but decided that I'm totally not in the mood to sell this tobacco. I detest packing and shipping. With my multitude of tins of aging Dunhill, this will go to rest for my daughters to deal with when I'm dead, which I hope is later than sooner.