Hi from Australia

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rippledmind

Reaction score
Its now too expensive to smoke a pipe (with pipe tobacco) in Australia... Yes its $78USD for a 50gm pack.... I can buy 8oz in the US for $18USD but it has to be 'couriered' to me in Australia hence it adds a $100+ then the government taxes me at $855USD per 2.2lb... haha... if only I could find some US smokers who would be happy for me to pay them to post me some tobacco :)

Welcome to the site. Wow that seems pretty brutal over there! I couldn't imagine paying almost 80 dollars for 50g of tobacco.

Its now too expensive to smoke a pipe (with pipe tobacco) in Australia... Yes its $78USD for a 50gm pack.... I can buy 8oz in the US for $18USD but it has to be 'couriered' to me in Australia hence it adds a $100+ then the government taxes me at $855USD per 2.2lb... haha... if only I could find some US smokers who would be happy for me to pay them to post me some tobacco :)
Is postage from the U.S. to Australia expensive? What about taxes on "gifts"? Is there a media rate for sending books?

G'day from New South Wales Rippledmind.

I'll PM you some suggestions shortly once I finish cooking dinner.

Cheers,

Tim

Is postage from the U.S. to Australia expensive? What about taxes on "gifts"? Is there a media rate for sending books?
postage is ok - and fast - but pipe shops mostly abide by the Australia Govt 'suggestion" DO NOT POST!!! hahahaha :-(

Ripplemind, welcome to the asylum!!! Where do you "hang your hat" in Australia? I/we have friends in Sydney and just east of Melbourne. Last visited a few years back!! Damn long trip!! Will enjoy hearing from you on the boards! FTRPLT