Hi from Florida

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hilasmos

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I live in northwest Florida. It's still hot here, but I was traveling last week, and the nights were getting cooler as we were traveling. When I felt the cool weather, I decided it was time to get my pipes out and start enjoying them again. They have been put away for about six years since I moved to Florida. The "smoke shops" around us had terrible selections. They were mostly full of vaping supplies, so after going three different places, I ended up buying a cigar. Today, when I got back home, I bought some Captain Black to get started, and now I'm trying to figure out a nice, quiet place to smoke.

Welcome! Its hard to find a genuine a pipe & tobacco shop close by. I buy on-line pipes, tobacco and accessories and look for specials, available and best shipping prices. Good luck!

Yes, I'm learning that. I was in Dothan, Alabama today and found a tobacco store with a good walk in humidor with a good selection of cigars. I still didn't find much selection of pipe tobacco, which is what I would like to smoke more of. They had the Captain Black original that I bought a pouch of and some large bulk bags of cavendish and other types of pipe tobacco that were pretty cheap. I'm not sure if people just buy a big bag like that and smoke it or if they use them to make their own blends with it.

Welcome to the group. Fortunately we have a really nice smoke show where I am in NC, good pipe and tobacco selection, no vape stuff, a true tobacco shop. At least you can still get tobacco mailed to FL right.

Yes, I can always order what I want to try. My first attempt with my pipe didn't go so well today. Lots ofrelishes, but it takes some practice. I also can't find my briar pipe 😠. At least I have my Country Gentleman.

Welcome. I travel quite a bit myself. The true traditional B&M are kind of hit and miss but there are still quite a few good ones to be found. I try to support these guys if I can. I like to try the original house blends that they may mix versus the re-badging of the big dogs. Yeah there's a lot of those "pipe and tobacco" shosp that are centered on the vaping craze; no thanks. On-line is fairly flexible. I do best with SmokingPipes, Cup O Joes and 4Noggins for the name brand stuff. You have places like Peretti, Wilke, Watch City, Boswell, and The Country Squire that are B&M/on-line that offer quite selection of solid original blends. Just an FYI.